Best Note of Media Day: Coach Steele

Advertisement
I love interviews like this because you learn so much.

Some coaches, like that snitch Flores, act like we are dealing with top secret information when you ask any questions about the defense, formations, or personnel.

TBH, that's meaningless. I remember those same exact kinds of quotes from Danny Miaz and his ilk last year before bama in how we were a very fast team. Turns out we may have been fast but we were not physical at all.
I understand where you are coming from to be sure but I wouldn't quite call the quote meaningless considering it's coming from coach Steele and not a mealy mouthed politician like Mandy. Also considering the fact that this is a Mario Cristobal coached team with Steele as DC, two coaches known for demanding physical play we can rest assured that we will be both fast and physical. Maybe not to the level that we ultimate envision but certainly a significant improvement from where we were a year ago.

Advertisement
I trust that he will be able to build smart game plans and have the right players/packages to get the job done. This was my favourite interview so far. He was a great hire by Mario.

As has been said numerous times in this thread, I could listen to Coach Steele all day. Thats one of the main things we've been missing on defense, a true grey beard. Not some wet behind the ears *** newbie. I actually heard Diaz say we have to go in at halftime and make adjustments....wtf. With this guy it'll be done right now, in real time. You know before the other team scores 2 unanswered tds and the game is essentially over.

Advertisement
Back