Best Guess Syracuse Game Time

Advertisement
I'm the best man of a wedding during the UNC game. I told my friend him and his future wife are ******** for scheduling during football season.

Advertisement
Man I just found out that one of my wife's best friends wedding is the day of the FSU game. I told her I'm not going or I am leaving early cause there isn't a chance in **** I miss that game for any reason.

The groom must be a big doucher

I think the highlighted needs to be discussed in greater detail. If this bride to be was a "best friend" would she put her friend's marriage at risk in scheduling a wedding on the day of the FSU/Miami game? Other than Miami beating FSU, what possible good comes of this for our posting friend and his wife.

[MENTION=4404]Angry Ibis[/MENTION] I can assure you that my marriage is not at risk as my wife knew well before we got married that football is life to me. I would say she figured it out one Monday night when I took her to her first fins game and made her sit in a rain storm and wouldn't leave cause the we were playing the jets. If she didn't figure it out then she figured it out when I made her go to the Canes FSU game in 2013 even though she was a few months preggers with our first kid and probably would have rather stayed home.

First rule of wedding planning: DON'T SCHEDULE IT DURING FOOTBALL SEASON. As a guy, you have to put your foot down, apparently your friend is a complete pansy. Hopefully, they have a television at the reception for the people who want to watch the game.

[MENTION=4404]Angry Ibis[/MENTION] I can assure you that my marriage is not at risk as my wife knew well before we got married that football is life to me. I would say she figured it out one Monday night when I took her to her first fins game and made her sit in a rain storm and wouldn't leave cause the we were playing the jets. If she didn't figure it out then she figured it out when I made her go to the Canes FSU game in 2013 even though she was a few months preggers with our first kid and probably would have rather stayed home.

Hahahaha my Dad did a similar thing to my mom back when they were first married. He had season tickets to the Dolphins and they cut their honeymoon short to get back for a Dolphins game. Made me laugh a little hearing your story.

Advertisement
Old guy here but get the whole thread. My young business associate had his wedding the same night as the first championship season FSU game. Two things make this sting more the first is the marriage didn't last. The second was that the reception was at a place that had a TV creating several family arguments including mine as we were constantly reminded that we owed the bride and groom our total attention. What a disaster. At least we won though.

Advertisement
Back