PittsburghCane

Redshirt Freshman
Ranked by total points

THE MEDIA'S TOP ATHLETIC DIRECTORS
16 - Joe Castiglione (Oklahoma)
15 - Mark Hollis (Michigan State)
10 - Greg Byrne (Alabama)
8 - Jeff Long (Arkansas)
7 - Jack Swarbrick (Notre Dame), Chris Del Conte (TCU)
6 - Jim Phillips (Northwestern), Kevin White (Duke)
3 - Tom Jurich (Louisville), Scott Stricklin (Florida)
2 - Mack Rhoades (Baylor), Gene Smith (Ohio State), White Babcock (Virginia Tech), John Currie (Tennessee)
1 - Bernard Muir (Stanford)

THE ATHLETIC DIRECTORS' TOP ATHLETIC DIRECTORS
18 - Joe Castiglione (Oklahoma)
8 - Chris Del Conte (TCU)
7 - Kevin White (Duke)
4 - Gene Smith (Ohio State), Jim Phillips (Northwestern)
3 - Jeff Long (Arkansas), Scott Stricklin (Florida), Todd Stansbury (Georgia Tech)
2 - Bubba Cunningham (North Carolina), Whit Babcock (Virginia Tech), Mark Hollis (Michigan State)
1 - Greg Byrne (Alabama), Dan Guerrero (UCLA)

Advertisement
Blank James isn't on either list in spite of getting the Under Armour AD of the Year Award in 2017... what a joke.

"Crisis management (8): “I’m also big on ADs holding their employees, players and themselves accountable. That includes meaning the AD is accessible to the public, doesn’t just hide behind nonsense statements and doesn’t put himself out there simply to get attention. When times are tough, does the AD make the right call and/or explain himself or herself? Properly handling a crisis is one of the biggest tasks for an AD these days. Look at [former Baylor AD] Ian McCaw and how that worked out.”

Blake fails miserable at this too!

Advertisement
"Crisis management (8): “I’m also big on ADs holding their employees, players and themselves accountable. That includes meaning the AD is accessible to the public, doesn’t just hide behind nonsense statements and doesn’t put himself out there simply to get attention. When times are tough, does the AD make the right call and/or explain himself or herself? Properly handling a crisis is one of the biggest tasks for an AD these days. Look at [former Baylor AD] Ian McCaw and how that worked out.”

Blake fails miserable at this too!

The most important AD criteria, according to ADs
Culture building (18): “Everything starts with your ability to develop a culture of integrity and accountability and how well you communicate, and then everything falls from there.”

BJ = Epic Fail

Advertisement
BUMP - two years old but since the first problem is our fantasy of replacing Blake James....still timely.

Advertisement
Jeff Long is terrible at Arkansas.
Yeah, I don’t understand him being listed. I get the firing of Petrino when it was the right thing to do, but that’s not enough.

He did fire Chad Morris when it was obviously not going to work. Some credit to give there.

Advertisement
I really would like an accounting of what Blake James actually does everyday.
What's weird is that, as AD, I'm sure he has a number of reports directly into him like any large organization. Meetings about budgets, facilities, where resources are needed, etc. But he also directly reports to the BOT so I'm not sure what his deliverables are in regards to the obvious black hole in the center of our football program right now. How can he go to them with a straight face and say this was a good hire, everything's fine, etc.?

He has overseen several of the worst god**** coaching hires Miami has ever produced, but it hasn't ****ed off the BOT enough to get rid of him so I'm not exactly sure what's going on. I guess they all just sip wine in their box seats and laugh as the money rolls in without really paying attention to the score of the games, since they don't matter.

Advertisement
Back