Best 3rd down pass rush in CFB?

Advertisement
I look forward most to having Baker flare out Roche and Phillips to cover the flats and G. Rousseou moving back to the safety spot in a cover one.

Get creative Baker. Having Greg cover guys man to man is too simple.

Advertisement
They left out my choice. Roche, Rousseau, Phillips and 8 DBs.

Its the Miami Hurricanes.

I will say this...if one of these linebackers can show himself to be as at least a good pass rusher as 2018 Shaq Quarterman...then teams are going to have a lot of f'n problems on passing downs against this team. When you have a pass rusher from that LB spot like Shaq showed he could be in 2018...adds a whole new element. Shaq played some edge, delayed blitz, show blitz...he did a lot that year and the result was pretty good. Would like to see one of those linebackers become that 5, 6, 7 sack contributor because I'm going to guess he'll see a lot of gapping holes or easy 1on1s.

I know a lot has been said about him, but Rousseau is next level special. If he produces as expected and doesn't serious recognition this year, then you know the bias is real. I'm a 100% unabashed Miami homer and I still don't say that very often.

Advertisement
Its the Miami Hurricanes.

I will say this...if one of these linebackers can show himself to be as at least a good pass rusher as 2018 Shaq Quarterman...then teams are going to have a lot of f'n problems on passing downs against this team. When you have a pass rusher from that LB spot like Shaq showed he could be in 2018...adds a whole new element. Shaq played some edge, delayed blitz, show blitz...he did a lot that year and the result was pretty good. Would like to see one of those linebackers become that 5, 6, 7 sack contributor because I'm going to guess he'll see a lot of gapping holes or easy 1on1s.

Think about Sam Brooks rushing the passer at Northwestern.......he has the talent to do it better than Shaq

This is a more likely option as Baker prefers to go with the 3 man rush on obvious passing downs.
Manny started using odd fronts in 2018 in passing situations. It makes disguising pressure easier. It’s effective when they don’t get too cute.

Advertisement
Back