Bertrand Carrell

Didn't see many balls in the air in that district, which wasn't good as he was a S - but he was definitely impressive physicality wise. Had a great Junior year and was a hawk against the run game and tackling-wise. His physicality got him invited to LSU camp and he was impressive there. Definitely had a lot of interest and communication from LSU. I have a hard time believing he had any contact from Miami after his junior year as Miami was supposedly non-existent in Louisiana this year. Had a limited year this year so I believe LSU thought they had not seen enough real game coverage work to give him a serious offer. I call complete BS on the Miami offer - mainly because Miami pulled off Louisiana hard and IMO was extremely lazy recruiting this year. Kid was definitely a hard hitter and ballhawk though - Definitely a "Miami guy"

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
he problem is that they never evolved after desegregation, cost isn't an issue.

"Evolvled"?...LOL.

Tell me, how many years after integration did it take for Miami to "evolve"? NM, I'll answer it for ya'...Miami didn't "evolve" until it started to keep the AAs from Miami/SoFla in Miami. Until then, HBCUs were still a viable option for AAs, FAMU didn't beat Miami in 79' with scrubs. $h!t, Miami didn't modernize their fundraising until Blake James took over as AD in 2013, but you wanna lecture somebody about "evolving" LOL. And most HBCUs have their own stadiums, what about Miami? LOL. "We play in a pro stadium bros, we play in a pro stadium!!!"...LOL.

BTW, every school has it's strengths & weaknesses (niche), HBCUs aren't the only ones with "niches". My youngest went to a PWI up north for air traffic control, changed His major to chem/bio, which wasn't a strength of the PWI, and now He's at FAMU...Organic Chemistry is kickin' his ***.

"Evolvled"?...LOL.

Tell me, how many years after integration did it take for Miami to "evolve"? NM, I'll answer it for ya'...Miami didn't "evolve" until it started to keep the AAs from Miami/SoFla in Miami. Until then, HBCUs were still a viable option for AAs, FAMU didn't beat Miami in 79' with scrubs. $h!t, Miami didn't modernize their fundraising until Blake James took over as AD in 2013, but you wanna lecture somebody about "evolving" LOL. And most HBCUs have their own stadiums, what about Miami? LOL. "We play in a pro stadium bros, we play in a pro stadium!!!"...LOL.

BTW, every school has it's strengths & weaknesses (niche), HBCUs aren't the only ones with "niches". My youngest went to a PWI up north for air traffic control, changed His major to chem/bio, which wasn't a strength of the PWI, and now He's at FAMU...Organic Chemistry is kickin' his ***.

I guess you didn't catch that I was referring to the overall institutions. Most HBCUs have never been able to come up with a sales pitch other than "You're black, and this is where you belong". It doesn't play in a multicultural world, where most of us(especially those that grew up middle class) are able to interact with and deal with people from varying backgrounds. Never mind the fact that funding and resources are lacking at a lot of HBCUs. Yes, it's possible for someone to overcome the odds of being somewhere with inferior crap and succeeding, but it's also an obstacle most people wouldn't want to deal with. Getting mad at a kid for wanting to play at a legit P5 school, instead of playing at a lower tier FCS school is like throwing a fit when the math whiz decides to attend MIT instead of the local podunk state school. Elite people want to be around other elite people. There's nothing elite about most HBCUs, just like there isn't anything overly elite about playing at most FCS schools.

Advertisement
Exactly...Ed Reed would've made the HOF whether He went to SU, or Miami. The pros don't care if you play in front of 100K, or 10K...or what kind of training table your College had...or how fancy your uniforms were.

LMFAO at this. How many stars have HBCUs produced in this decade, how about the last 25-30 years? Relatively few. In fact, UMiami will have more HOFers from ONE team, than the entirety of HBCUS will have for decades to come. Playing at a P5 school gives you a leg up. You are getting superior sports medicine, superior training facilities, superior coaching and funding. It's the same in academia. No top tier researcher is going to willingly go somewhere and work in a lab with garbage equipment, just to show that they can do it. You want to work in and with the best. P5s right now are just that. HBCUs, while relevant for some, aren't even top tier FCS programs. Let that settle in. NDSU would roll NC A&T.

Last edited:
I guess you didn't catch that I was referring to the overall institutions.

I caught it, and I still know you don't know what TF you're talking about. HBCUs don't discourage other races from attending...matter of fact, my youngest Son's roommate is white, and He was actually encouraged by His white band director to to go to FAMU. No HBCU that I know of markets to just AAs, Stormfront gave you the wrong info!!!

I caught it, and I still know you don't know what TF you're talking about. HBCUs don't discourage other races from attending...matter of fact, my youngest Son's roommate is white, and He was actually encouraged by His white band director to to go to FAMU. No HBCU that I know of markets to just AAs, Stormfront gave you the wrong info!!!

Where did I say that they market EXCLUSIVELY to people of color? Oh, that's right, I didn't. That said, HBCUs are designed to appeal to a specific demographic, and while there are exceptions to the rule, HBCUs for the most part are interested in keeping a minority centric student body. HBCUs depend on attracting mostly African-Americans, period. There's no way around it, that's why the leadership at these institutions have such a problem with talented young black kids choosing non HBCUs. That's why the shaming language is so incredibly strong when a kid with options chooses to not play there.

That said, HBCUs are designed to appeal to a specific demographic, and while there are exceptions to the rule, HBCUs for the most part are interested in keeping a minority centric student body.

Wrong again, HBCUs were created because of these events called slavery & segragation, suggest you read up on those.

LOL, you talk as if HBCUs were created after LBJ signed the CRA or some $h!t.

****, FAMU has almost the same percentage of European-Americans that attend it, as FSU has AAs that attend it, yet I seriously doubt that you'd say that FSU was "designed to appeal to a specific demographic".

It's all relative, my man.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back