Berrios TD

D_G87

Sophomore
Was watching our highlights, how was that not a Targeting penalty on #13 for WVU? Led with helmet clearly.

Advertisement
Good to see Braxton getting in the action. We are going to need him to step his play up a level next year. Has great speed, but not great hands or balance.

I will take those hands on our punts. I believe we did not fumble any and I would rather have that reliability than some scrub who catches it 75% of the time and houses a few based on iffy decision making. He needs to be in the slot and work the short intermediate routes. With Njoku and Coley gone, he can finally do that with AR & Cager on the outside.

Definitely a text book targeting penalty. Not called because we're the U.

The refs did not call around 10 clear as day face mask penalties this year on our opponents. Just par for the course.

But if we play like we did last night, it won't matter.

Advertisement
but then also drops balls he should catch, and has very limited reach. I really like him as a player, but he needs to elevate his game.

By the way, I think Berries has great hands. Good speed, not great and runs really good routes. He would be deadly as a pure slot receiver as evidenced last night. When used correctly kid is money.

^^agree with this. With the tweaking of the offense next year I expect him to be a impact receiver.

Clearly a targeting hit. I was speaking with Braxton after the game and he was sporting quite the forehead bruise because of it.

Advertisement
Gonna have to ball out sr yr for dropping the fsu td- rooting 4 him but he had missed a couple chances to have become the man with tough but makeable drops.,,

It wasn't targeting! If you play it back slowly you can see the defender hit Berrios in the chest and arm with his helmet. Clean nasty a** hit!!!
I was at the game and thought the same thing until I watched the game again on playback.

Advertisement
It wasn't targeting! If you play it back slowly you can see the defender hit Berrios in the chest and arm with his helmet. Clean nasty a** hit!!!
I was at the game and thought the same thing until I watched the game again on playback.

i thought he might've hit the chest area also, but isnt launching with the crown of your helmet to the upper body illegal regardless?

Advertisement
Berrios doesn't create enough separation to showboat. Add in the minimal targets because he's on the outside when he shouldn't be and each drop is gonna be magnified.

Was watching our highlights, how was that not a Targeting penalty on #13 for WVU? Led with helmet clearly.

1. Based on the current state of the flag football rules, that was leading with the crown...PERIOD;

2. That was a great hit and should not be a violation IMHO when not hitting high; and

3. The best part regardless was watching Berrios brace for the hit, wrap up and hold onto the ball...then jump up IMMEDIATELY sending the ball for a twirl and running to celebrate.

UM

Advertisement
Back