Bernie Kosar - UM G.O.A.T

Advertisement
Great series of interviews by Roy Firestone featured on Canesport.

This week it's Bernie Kosar. Firestone said it was one of his favorite interviews ever...

Worth the listen or watch

Bernie is my fav because he in the 1983 championship he said he wanted Nebraska to make the 2 point conversion. He said we would have gone down the field and kicked a field goal to win it anyway. Love the confidence.

Great series of interviews by Roy Firestone featured on Canesport.

This week it's Bernie Kosar. Firestone said it was one of his favorite interviews ever...

Worth the listen or watch

Thank you Hoyacane for the post. I remember BERNIE back in the day thinking he was an alcoholic. I did not have a clue about his true situation with old those god awful meds. His alternative approach is a lesson for us all. My dentist friend tells me all the time “we are what we eat” and if we ate more fresh produce etc etc we would not need half these damned pills. Really happy Mr. Kosar is functioning and able. He looked so much better.

Advertisement
Thanks OP. Thoroughly enjoyed this. So happy to see Bernie doing so well. One helluva perspective he has.

Thank you Hoyacane for the post. I remember BERNIE back in the day thinking he was an alcoholic. I did not have a clue about his true situation with old those god awful meds. His alternative approach is a lesson for us all. My dentist friend tells me all the time “we are what we eat” and if we ate more fresh produce etc etc we would not need half these damned pills. Really happy Mr. Kosar is functioning and able. He looked so much better.

This is what happens w/ rumors, man. I know I’ve been guilty of being hyper reactive to stories that appears to be true. I’m so happy he was able to share his story & share his truth

Advertisement
The greatest gift Ohio ever gave to the U! He’s an absolute legend up here. I can still recall “Bernie, Bernie” being played on the PA system every morning after the pledge in my elementary school. I still rock my no. 20 throwback to every Canes game that I make it to. If he had stayed at UM there’s no doubt in my mind that we have 6 rings, quite possibly 7. B.K is in my opinion the greatest QB in UM history.

Advertisement
Roy is the GOAT and so is Bernie
Roy is a POS. He used to pop on to the canesport boards from time to time. He would have terrible takes where he would suck off Manny Diaz and Al Golden. He would always be hammered. People would call him out on his "facts" that were off the charts stupid and incorrect and he would disappear for another month or so. Cabernet Roy was his nickname back in the day.

@JBCanes-NC @stevehick @Dr.L.ThugU @FlatlandCane can confirm

Roy is a POS. He used to pop on to the canesport boards from time to time. He would have terrible takes where he would suck off Manny Diaz and Al Golden. He would always be hammered. People would call him out on his "facts" that were off the charts stupid and incorrect and he would disappear for another month or so. Cabernet Roy was his nickname back in the day.

His tv show was amazing and so was his interviews. Thats all I base my opinion on. He was a big part of my childhood.

Advertisement

Ole Roy. He didn’t like me too much either. Haha

We had him ****ed several times. Drunk idiot

Wow a lot of that interview is heartbreaking. Bernie talking about having traumatic brain injury, and all the concussions and seizures and the doctor giving him 5 years of cognitive brain function. Its very sad how much many football players have sacrificed for their sport/livelihood and our entertainment.

Advertisement
Back