Beran from Northwestern to VT

Advertisement

From Richmond VA, is a 34-40% career 3pt shooter & shot his career best 84% from the FT line.

He plays like a Wing, despite his size, he’s not a stationary Post Big, he’s a kid who can drive to the basket & has a nice quick trigger jumper, he’s also pretty quick for his size & does a good job as a backdoor cutter. Solid active defender & plays well within the system.

Best Games:
- 20pts & 12rebs & 3blks vs PVST
- 20pts & 7rebs 1blk & 1stl vs CHST
- 11pts & 7rebs 2blk vs GTown
- 13pts & 5rebs 3blk & 1stl vs Indiana
- 16pts & 4rebs 2stls vs Michigan
- 14pts & 3rebs vs Minnesota
- 12pts & 4rebs vs Indiana (2nd matchup)

- 17pts & 6rebs vs Maryland
- 13pts & 6rebs vs Purdue
- 15pts & 7rebs vs Minnesota

Will play in the stretch 4 role for us, can knock down 3’s off Ball movement sets & gives good effort on Defense.

Smart upperclassmen vet with good experience who won’t be rattled by big games on the road & can knock down shots in crunch time. Is also a good driving the lane & getting attempts at the basket.

Between him & Kyshawn George we’ve upgraded our long distance shooting in conjunction with Pack.

He’ll also be a solid depth piece while Casey & Nwoko continue to develop.

Good pickup IMO

From Richmond VA, is a 34-40% career 3pt shooter & shot his career best 84% from the FT line.

He plays like a Wing, despite his size, he’s not a stationary Post Big, he’s a kid who can drive to the basket & has a nice quick trigger jumper, he’s also pretty quick for his size & does a good job as a backdoor cutter. Solid active defender & plays well within the system.

Best Games:
- 20pts & 12rebs & 3blks vs PVST
- 20pts & 7rebs 1blk & 1stl vs CHST
- 11pts & 7rebs 2blk vs GTown
- 13pts & 5rebs 3blk & 1stl vs Indiana
- 16pts & 4rebs 2stls vs Michigan
- 14pts & 3rebs vs Minnesota
- 12pts & 4rebs vs Indiana (2nd matchup)

- 17pts & 6rebs vs Maryland
- 13pts & 6rebs vs Purdue
- 15pts & 7rebs vs Minnesota

Will play in the stretch 4 role for us, can knock down 3’s off Ball movement sets & gives good effort on Defense.

Smart upperclassmen vet with good experience who won’t be rattled by big games on the road & can knock down shots in crunch time. Is also a good driving the lane & getting attempts at the basket.

Between him & Kyshawn George we’ve upgraded our long distance shooting in conjunction with Pack.

He’ll also be a solid depth piece while Casey & Nwoko continue to develop.

Good pickup IMO

Him and George would give us ELITE shooting 1-4.

I think it gets missed that Bens shot 39.8% from three this year and Poplar 37.5%. Watson can stroke it as well.

Defensive nightmare if Poplar can improve his handle enough to be a legit dribble drive guy or George can step into that role.

Pack really improved his finish at the rim as the year went on.

Advertisement
He will fill a space but he's not Miller. 7.5ppg, 4.5rb and 34.5% from 3pt range as a sr is meh.

But he will help us out. The front court should be loaded. AJ Casey should've improve to the point of getting minutes.

Advertisement
He will fill a space but he's not Miller. 7.5ppg, 4.5rb and 34.5% from 3pt range as a sr is meh.

But he will help us out. The front court should be loaded. AJ Casey should've improve to the point of getting minutes.

L will use him better here…

Pack and Poplar can both be 16/game guys, Omier should be 14-15 at a minimum. I’d expect Beran to give 10/game if he comes.

I also think we’ll get more out of the bench this year. We will miss Beverly for sure but Walker underperformed pretty badly in terms of efficiency and I don’t expect to see that with Casey, Watson, and whomever else fills out the rotation.

Solid depth piece. Ideally Casey or Watson start over him, but having him possibly start until they are ready is the right move. The way I see it, we made it to the final 4 with Walker playing rotational minutes and this guy is miles better than Walker so him being in the rotation is definitely an upgrade. Hopefully he officially commits soon.

Ant was always suspect on +/- Looked lost on defence and on offense was limited to highlight reel dunks. Otherwise, he’d hesitate and promptly take jump shots (3 pointers) more often than not.

Great athleticism but the light just never came on. Reminds me a bit of Huell in his early days or DeQuan Jones.

That being said, he was a good teammate and had a great attitude. Mentored the young guys. I wish him success wherever he ends up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back