NBA Ben Simmons

I think he's more entitled than lazy. He's been coddled in AAU, at LSU and even in the NBA where the Sixers handed him the keys as PG and let him coast on talent. At LSU he was a lazy defender but that hasn't been the case in the NBA.

He needs to scrap his offseason routine of working with his stepdad or whatever and train with a real skills coach. He also needs to see a sports psychologist daily. If he can just hit his FTs and land on the right team that surrounds him with shooters and defenders he can be a top 20 player and contribute to winning.

Advertisement
I think he's more entitled than lazy. He's been coddled in AAU, at LSU and even in the NBA where the Sixers handed him the keys as PG and let him coast on talent. At LSU he was a lazy defender but that hasn't been the case in the NBA.

He needs to scrap his offseason routine of working with his stepdad or whatever and train with a real skills coach. He also needs to see a sports psychologist daily. If he can just hit his FTs and land on the right team that surrounds him with shooters and defenders he can be a top 20 player and contribute to winning.
Would it be crazy to view him as a 4/5? I had thoughts of a Raptors sign and trade around Lowry+. I was wondering about a frontcourt of Simmons, Anunoby and Siakam and a backcourt of VanVleet and Suggs.

Would it be crazy to view him as a 4/5? I had thoughts of a Raptors sign and trade around Lowry+. I was wondering about a frontcourt of Simmons, Anunoby and Siakam and a backcourt of VanVleet and Suggs.
I see ppl saying he could be a draymond type..nah. He don’t play hard enough. Get him somewhere, surrounding him with snipers. He and Joel just don’t fit. Especially in the playoffs in a 7 game series. And Joel needs to get in better shape

Ben Simmons has out of world potential. Dude could be more of an athletic Magic vs. LBJ....BUT, this **** is entitled & lazy af and that’s now just coming out. U can get away w/ that playing in developmental leagues, but not the big leagues, baby. Problem is, not sure if he wants to get better vs. resting on his laurels.

Philly fans gotta be ****ed. They hit on Embid, but Simmons (#1 overall) might be shipped out, and they missed out on both J Brown & Ingram...and then Fultz have already been shipped out (#1 overall) and they missed on Tatum, Fox, and D Mitchell. Ouch.
Bruh don’t even mention him in the same breath as lebron or magic. Both of those guys had a jumper. Not lethal but effective..this dude Not even willing to shoot the ball bruh..he’s a 6”10 rondo. That for work in today’s game

Advertisement
Why would Oklahoma City give up anything to take Ben Simmons?
Simmons is a talent worth taking if I'm OKC. The biggest weakness in his game is really his only weakness. In OKC, he'll have no expectations and really be allowed to work on his game. Get him a shooting coach and let the system run through him. He'll have more time to work on his shot. It's much better than being in Philly who's craving for a championship and actually has expectations. Risk vs. Reward, and with Simmons the reward is much greater.

It works for Kemba too. He left Charlotte to try to win with Boston. OKC isn't winning anything any time soon. Kemba was a salary dump, OKC has no intention of building around Kemba and Kemba wants to win. Win-Win situation if you ask me.

Simmons is a talent worth taking if I'm OKC. The biggest weakness in his game is really his only weakness. In OKC, he'll have no expectations and really be allowed to work on his game. Get him a shooting coach and let the system run through him. He'll have more time to work on his shot. It's much better than being in Philly who's craving for a championship and actually has expectations. Risk vs. Reward, and with Simmons the reward is much greater.

It works for Kemba too. He left Charlotte to try to win with Boston. OKC isn't winning anything any time soon. Kemba was a salary dump, OKC has no intention of building around Kemba and Kemba wants to win. Win-Win situation if you ask me.
Very much so win win. But I don’t think okc would have to give up a pick to get him considering the massive contract is what I’m implying. Sam Presti is way too good for that.

Shooting with his natural shooting hand would be a solid start

Advertisement
Very much so win win. But I don’t think okc would have to give up a pick to get him considering the massive contract is what I’m implying. Sam Presti is way too good for that.
You're probably right about Presti not wanting to give up a draft pick but you have to ask yourself if you would do a Simmons for Kemba trade straight up. Then ask yourself if you'll be able to get a talent like Simmons in the draft at #7 or #14, chances are no and they'll be busts. Always take the chance on a extremely talented player like Simmons.

You're probably right about Presti not wanting to give up a draft pick but you have to ask yourself if you would do a Simmons for Kemba trade straight up. Then ask yourself if you'll be able to get a talent like Simmons in the draft at #7 or #14, chances are no and they'll be busts. Always take the chance on a extremely talented player like Simmons.
I mean I’m with you either way. 16 is a small price to pay for Simmons but I’m a okc fan and I would question Ben’s work ethic. Real lunch pale guys in OKC. He has to buy in and realize we already have a all star caliber PG in SGA. If he buys in to being a 4 I’m all for it

Bruh don’t even mention him in the same breath as lebron or magic. Both of those guys had a jumper. Not lethal but effective..this dude Not even willing to shoot the ball bruh..he’s a 6”10 rondo. That for work in today’s game

Bro, LBJ didn’t have a consistent J and neither did Magic...the difference between them & him is both had unbelievable work ethics & weren’t afraid to accept the challenge of attacking their weaknesses. To ur point, neither were afraid to shoot when necessary, too.

Ben Simmons has zero work ethic & won’t even remotely attempt to improve. But now, he’s at a point where he might be in The Nick Anderson zone, a zone where he’s so insecure & lacks confidence that he’ll never get back.

If the reports r true that he’s lazy & refuses to work to improve, while wanting to rely strictly upon his athleticism, then Brody is done.

Advertisement
Bro, LBJ didn’t have a consistent J and neither did Magic...the difference between them & him is both had unbelievable work ethics & weren’t afraid to accept the challenge of attacking their weaknesses. To ur point, neither were afraid to shoot when necessary, too.

Ben Simmons has zero work ethic & won’t even remotely attempt to improve. But now, he’s at a point where he might be in The Nick Anderson zone, a zone where he’s so insecure & lacks confidence that he’ll never get back.

If the reports r true that he’s lazy & refuses to work to improve, while wanting to rely strictly upon his athleticism, then Brody is done.
Bruh Ben Simmons won’t even shoot!!!..there’s a huge difference between not having a consistent jumper and being absolutely terrified too do so. So scared that your afraid to be aggressive at all in fear that u might get fouled and shoot the FTs. Lebron nor magic ever ever..ever ever was LIKE THAT.

But it’s even more magnified playing with a dominant Big. What ben needs is to be out of philly. Get him somewhere and surround him with straight snipers and a combo 2-guard. He’s needs a open court. For him, philly is terribly constructed to suit what he brings to the table

As for your nick anderson point, I agree. Hopefully he isn’t too ****ed up with his confidence

Bruh Ben Simmons won’t even shoot!!!..there’s a huge difference between not having a consistent jumper and being absolutely terrified too do so. So scared that your afraid to be aggressive at all in fear that u might get fouled and shoot the FTs. Lebron nor magic ever ever..ever ever was LIKE THAT.

But it’s even more magnified playing with a dominant Big. What ben needs is to be out of philly. Get him somewhere and surround him with straight snipers and a combo 2-guard. He’s needs a open court. For him, philly is terribly constructed to suit what he brings to the table

As for your nick anderson point, I agree. Hopefully he isn’t too ****ed up with his confidence

The moment he passed on a wide open dunk, I said brody’s head is fcked. He’s too talented, like raw talent, to disappear like this, but we’ll see man. I agree, he needs out of Philly fa sho

Yeah, the Heat don't want a 6"11" guy that's one of the best defenders in the league, can handle the rock, and is one of the best transition and half court passers in the game today.

Sure, we have plenty of those on the roster.

LOL, Heat fanz man.
Meh.....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back