Belk contract at houston (December 9th)

Advertisement
So, there shouldn't be any concern?

I wanted jim knowles personally, after that I was kind of just waiting and seeing what names emerge.

I feel like Belk would be an excellent hire, spent three seasons at bama and learned from the same people Schumann did and spent time with mario. Has gone his own way and got to DC on his own and showed a great lift this year. Sample size is low but unless there's some great DC out there we haven't heard of, I think Belk is at the top of the list of names we've been talking about for a month

****, everybody’s defense is better against lesser competition.
I didn't word that correctly. In the other thread about names for OC/DC, some guys were concerned about the disparity between lesser and good competition.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Im seeing some subtle mentions of him being dc as well
@JayCane20 and myself have talked him up for over two weeks. It became obvious it was more than a rumor when we were interviewing a lb coach. That meant the Dc was a db coach. I've posted If it’s not him I have no other clue, I believe jay feels the same.

@JayCane20 and myself have talked him up for over two weeks. It became obvious it was more than a rumor when we were interviewing a lb coach. That meant the Dc was a db coach. I've posted If it’s not him I have no other clue, I believe jay feels the same.
Any chance his buyout drops substantially after signing day or some clause that is preventing the actual naming of him as DC just yet?

Any theories as to what the holdup is on either getting the contract wrapped up or, if there is an agreement in principal making the announcement? Its just so odd and out of line from standard practice that I figure there has to be a reason

Any chance his buyout drops substantially after signing day or some clause that is preventing the actual naming of his as DC just yet?
Any theories as to what the holdup is on either getting the contract wrapped up or, if there is an agreement in principal making the announcement? Its just so odd and out of line from standard practice that I figure there has to be a reason
Just my opinion but this was prerty late for a Dc so maybe he asked to finish the class up Feb 2. I know it can also take a week or two for the vetting process with UM. It could be a few different things.

Oc has been the biggest hold up with the coordinators here.

Advertisement
Cribby so if u had to guess right now u think its stilll gonna be belk or a new name nobody knows about yet ? Thanks

Just my opinion but this was prerty late for a Dc so maybe he asked to finish the class up Feb 2. I know it can also take a week or two for the vetting process with UM. It could be a few different things.

Say that the theory, if Shemar wanted a public confirmation as to the dc, then do you see Mario not allowing belk to finish up?

Advertisement

Ferman posted this:
No as I have posted I am hearing that the DC job is in Anthony Campanile's court

Advertisement
Back