Belichick & Saban: The Art of Coaching

Brady was not great before belicheck. He was actually mediocre for the first half (maybe even most) of his time in NE. NE was a laughing stock who frequently lost to the JETS whenBicicheck took over and rebuilt the team. Brady wasn’t considered a goat until recently, throughout his time (and “prime”) he was mostly considered a system guy and always lumped in as a 2nd tier qb behind top tier guys like Peyton, brees, Favre, Kurt Warner and roethlisberger.

Jets fans were actually happy when Brady first got the nod over Bledsoe, that’s how much of a bum people thought he was. I dont think he got recognized until the moss years and then after the Atlanta Super Bowl meltdown I think is when e$pn started pushing the goat **** and everyone jumped on board
Mediocre his when his first half of his time with NE?

He was the Super Bowl MVP when he first began to start in his second season. It was Belichek that had him 4th string his rookie year, and then only started when Bledsoe got hurt.

Brady spent his Michigan years fighting from being benched.

What's NE's record since Brady left? What's Belichik's overall record without Brady?

Advertisement
So, being as tired of the clownshow of coaching that is going on in Coral Gables as anyone else. I decided to finally watch Belichick & Saban: The Art of Coaching from 2019.
The idea was to be able to live vicariously through my tv and get an idea of what good coaching looks like to get the tainted coaching of the canes out of my head for at least a little bit.

Within the first 20 minutes the GOATs of coaching are talking about reviewing film after a loss:

Saban goes on to say:

Literally feels like Saban is describing Manny.

Oh the irony.

Anyone else watch it? It is available on HBO.
So basically one guy who's below .500 unless he has the GOAT player on his team and another guy who failed fast and hard in the NFL, but we're supposed to care about what they say?

Brady was not great before belicheck. He was actually mediocre for the first half (maybe even most) of his time in NE. NE was a laughing stock who frequently lost to the JETS whenBicicheck took over and rebuilt the team. Brady wasn’t considered a goat until recently, throughout his time (and “prime”) he was mostly considered a system guy and always lumped in as a 2nd tier qb behind top tier guys like Peyton, brees, Favre, Kurt Warner and roethlisberger.

Jets fans were actually happy when Brady first got the nod over Bledsoe, that’s how much of a bum people thought he was. I dont think he got recognized until the moss years and then after the Atlanta Super Bowl meltdown I think is when e$pn started pushing the goat **** and everyone jumped on board
Dan Marino was great BUT no championships, John Unitas got accolades Bart Star won championships. Belichick simply wins and created Brady to be the GOAT! Took Brady's best talents and improved them. No doubt Brady is the GOAT and his love for the game (like so many great Canes loved the game) pushed him with Belichick to greatness.

I think we are learning that there are many things that make up a champion. We all know we do not have the coach. Our QB of the future is not starting. Our program is not elite.

Bill and Saban produced when they were given the infrastructure. They are detailed. they are willing to play players who do not fit the mold. Bill B is willing to play players nobody wanted because they did not fit the measurables. Nobody was going to keep Brady as their 4th QB. Saban is not going to coddle 5 stars. They are not perfect. They can not make chicken salad out of chicken ****. Those guys are named Leach and Bill Snyder of K-State or Mangino at KU or Matt Campbell at ISU. Those guys are rare and are only accepted when desperate. Our administration is not desperate.

Advertisement
And does Saban mention that owning car dealerships that can give players and their parents no-show jobs and free cars is an important part of coaching college football?
Thank you thank you and THANK YOU! I'm so dam glad somebody else mentioned it because I'm so dam sick and tired.of people act like that sh*t means absolutely nothing. That the fact the ncaa knows all about it and refuses to do anything but like I keep saying STAYS at the ready 25/8 366/7 ready to drop the death penalty if Miami coughs too loudly. Coaches like Manny sure as **** don't help but let's not pretend these are, cash, jobs etc don't mean anything.

Thank you thank you and THANK YOU! I'm so dam glad somebody else mentioned it because I'm so dam sick and tired.of people act like that sh*t means absolutely nothing. That the fact the ncaa knows all about it and refuses to do anything but like I keep saying STAYS at the ready 25/8 366/7 ready to drop the death penalty if Miami coughs too loudly. Coaches like Manny sure as **** don't help but let's not pretend these are, cash, jobs etc don't mean anything.

Saban's genius is that he is able to turn the edge he gets from being allowed to cheat into championships. Lots of other coaches have had as much money and cheated just as much (Mack Brown at Texas, and others) but didn't do much with it except have really high recruiting rankings in 247. So credit where credit is due.

Brady/Bellichik is the best combo of QB and HC since Walsh/Montana.

Bellichick and Brady would not have six SBs without one another. Brady gets drafted a bit earlier by another team and ends up having a solid career, but thats all. Montana goes to any other team and its likely the same, a solid career. Not HOF-GOAT statuses.

10 Super Bowls wins? No.

Advertisement
Back