Belen Jesuit

Drewny1

Redshirt Freshman
Banned
Any chance they play the Powerhouse programs this year? I thought they was small school ball then I realized they are an 8A school.

Advertisement
They play Columbus every year, South West is decent and I think they play Heritage Delray again this year.

What happen to Belen? I remember when they use to compete with Northwestern, Central, Killian, and other good teams on a regular basis.

Advertisement
Here's a link to the FHSAA district alignments.

If I'm not mistaken, these alignments changed again this year. When I graduated in 2010, 6A was the highest and we were 4A in some sports and 3A in others. That year we made it to the 3A State Championship after beating BTW and Jackson. Ended up losing to Pensacola. The year after we were bumped up to 6A I believe and our district had Central and Northwestern in it, which was brutal. This year, the powerhouse teams (Central, NW, Carol City) are 6A (Region 4, District 16). Belen is 8A (Region 4, District 15) they play Columbus every year and would have to face them, South Ridge, South Dade amongst others in Regionals.

I remember they beat Northwestern using this obscure fg rule.

Yes, Yes we did !!. Gotta know the rule book man!!

P.S. That was the one and only time. We also went to 4OT against Central that year. Only reason we were close was because those teams weren't used to the Wing T. After they had film on us, it was over.

Advertisement
Belen is no longer in 8A. They were dropped down to 6A with Central, Southridge, Norland, etc.

The café con leche district is gone.

Just saw this. The alignments I put up were for this past year but changed once again. Belen is 6A now like you said with Central, Norland, Southridge, and South Miami rounding district 16. Los Pobres. NW is now 5A. Carol City is now 4A along with, Gibbons, BTW and others.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back