Being realistic

joseermonfils

Senior
I’m disappointed as anyone here I would’ve loved to keep it close...one thing Manny talked about before the game was Clemson being in these games constantly and how our team would respond in these games and I could tell very early that the moment was too big...IMO it takes time...and I know some of y’all just love to **** on the program but look at Dabo getting blown out in his 5th year by FSU in a top 10 match up or blown out in the orange bowl game allowing 70 points..I’m ok in year 2 as long as we win the games we are supposed to and finish the season like we should...that’s what really matters to me at this point

Advertisement
Two things can be true at once.

1. Miami is not ready for the big stage.

2. Miami can win out.

We can. I’m not expecting blowouts the rest of the way. I’m expecting dogfights.

I don’t care if we win out by one point the rest of the way. Just ******* win!

We are going to need a 10-1 regular season to get the top kids in the 2022 class on board and hold on to the 2021 class.

Appreciate the perspective bro. History says we lose at least two more games this season. Haven't seen a Miami team with fortitude to lose a big game and come back with their heads up and turn it around. Could this year be different? Sure, but I am not banking on it
I was hoping for physical battle but we found out we’re not up to a team that doesn’t flinch when smacked.

2 years away from elite battles, reality cams knocking last night .

GOCANES

I agree with all the above post. I bleed orange and green as much as anyone on this site, but we really knew we weren’t going to win this game. This game was a test to see where we stand. You guys who know Ax’s and O’s called it all week: The Oline, linebackers and Wr’s are horrible

Advertisement
Clemson took the heart out of this team...Manny isn't the guy to get us back
his track record after getting blown out is bad....he carries a huge choke factor in his veins ...his teams never prepare properly in big games...a good coach doesn't always get his *** beat in the spotlight....he did it at Texas all the way to yesterday....we better hope he doesn't ***** around and lose this class....

Appreciate the perspective bro. History says we lose at least two more games this season. Haven't seen a Miami team with fortitude to lose a big game and come back with their heads up and turn it around. Could this year be different? Sure, but I am not banking on it

Well this will tell us who Manny really is...if we handle business that would be the start and would bring us the momentum we need to actually bring the program back...

his track record after getting blown out is bad....he carries a huge choke factor in his veins ...his teams never prepare properly in big games...a good coach doesn't always get his *** beat in the spotlight....he did it at Texas all the way to yesterday....we better hope he doesn't ***** around and lose this class....

I just gave you examples of a good coach in Dabo getting smacked in the spotlight

Advertisement
I agree. I never considered this because I’ve always been the youngest in my circles and in my family, but surprisingly to me I’m an older dude on this blog. I wish dudes didn’t feel as bad as they do, I used to overreact and feel the same way, but that was just a better team all around and I’m not mad nor depressed this morning about that. I wish I could make some feel they way I do but they gotta go thru it. U have to get your expectation and response levels balanced out...easier said than done, I know.

My only gripe is how uptight and tense we played. Our mind state wasn’t downhill, it was read and react. Our coaches game plans and coaching prep made the players unsure of themselves.

Manny wouldn’t want to hear this but he still has to find a way to marry the ideas of teaching the players to have laser focus and execution while also playing loose and downhill.

Clemson attacked us and dictated everything of both sides of the ball. Their coaches have found a away to marry those two concepts and approaches to playing in big games. Their players trust their system because they have been successful.

So the only way to reach Clemson status and win big games like these is to win games on a consistent level and put the team into situation to play in games like these.

This team is better than 2018, I saw improvement, but our coaches have to do better, whatever touches the field is a reflection of them and their tutelage.

I’m disappointed as anyone here I would’ve loved to keep it close...one thing Manny talked about before the game was Clemson being in these games constantly and how our team would respond in these games and I could tell very early that the moment was too big...IMO it takes time...and I know some of y’all just love to **** on the program but look at Dabo getting blown out in his 5th year by FSU in a top 10 match up or blown out in the orange bowl game allowing 70 points..I’m ok in year 2 as long as we win the games we are supposed to and finish the season like we should...that’s what really matters to me at this point
I hate to event think of it, but honestly, there’s as much chance of us losing the rest of our games as winning them, with the most likely outcome being another 3/4 losses. Next weeks game will tell us what we’re made of.

I wouldn’t say Clemson took the heart from this team.

Yes we lost big but this wasn’t Al-golden 58-0

We fought all the way to the end stuffing them on the goal line when Clemson tried to run it up.

And frustrating Trevor Lawerence into a taunting penality.

Because no matter how many haymakers they landed we kept coming forward and we kept coming at him.

That frustration he felt was because normally when you whooping a team like that they hang their heads and walk off the field deflated.

We refused to bow down and kept landing hard shots on him as if the game was in the balance.

I was proud of that defensive effort. The offense is what really sucked.

Now here is the thing...I don’t know how THIS TEAM WILL RESPOND.

If this team takes this in stride and is resolved to get better and keep fighting...

I haven’t seen anything from the ACC based on our sch. That says we won’t be 10-1.

If we fold and lose next week then we will be in big trouble.

Advertisement
My biggest concern is where we actually are this year. We mauled Louisville and FSU, who are both awful. We did the same last year before falling on our faces. We are miles behind Clemson but most teams are, we can still have a solid year and build. Time will tell.

My biggest concern is where we actually are this year. We mauled Louisville and FSU, who are both awful. We did the same last year before falling on our faces. We are miles behind Clemson but most teams are, we can still have a solid year and build. Time will tell.

Exactly it’s a one horse league period.

If Clemson executes great they win by 28

If Clemson executes okay they win by 14

If Clemson executes poorly they win by 7

That is the reality of the ACC.

Now after that it it’s anyone’s guess.

The two best QBs in the league not named Lawerence are King and Howell usually if you have the best QB you win most of the games you should.

I just gave you examples of a good coach in Dabo getting smacked in the spotlight
Big difference....prior to being a HC Dabo was a WR coach Manny was a DC for years ...Dabo went to the ACCCG in his second year...Manny has done nothing to give us hope...
Also, Dabo didn't have the talent Manny has right now either...

Advertisement
Big difference....prior to being a HC Dabo was a WR coach Manny was a DC for years ...Dabo went to the ACCCG in his second year...Manny has done nothing to give us hope...
Also, Dabo didn't have the talent Manny has right now either...

Huh? He had plenty of talent including at the Qb position and they had better Wrs than us

We lost a game we were supposed to lose. Your right go win the games your supposed to win. Dabo is in his 12th season and has had Venebals with him for at least 7 or 8 seasons. Consistency is key and has allowed them to develop a culture

Manny will have to make changes on defensive side of the ball after the season and may have to take a hard look at the receivers position as well.

Also college football is just weird right now. Very very few teams play defense it seems and its offensively driven. I mean Bama had 48 hung on them yesterday even with all those 4 and 5 star players they have and LSU has recruited very well on defense 4 and 5 star guys and look at Miss St and Mizzou did. Im kinda baffled honestly

Advertisement
Back