Being Honest

datcaneguy

Senior
There's guys on this roster that have no business being at UM. To add to that their clocking major playing time. You can't have that and terrible coaching. I think we miss on so many big names that we settle for the 2 or 3 star kids and try to find reasons to make ourselves believe their good. The better players on the roster never play the whole game, their being put out of position, or their benched when they freelance. Watching that Cincy game I could only shake my head at the talent gap between not only us and Cincy but FSU, Clemson, etc... There's no doubt that there is enough talent here to win with the right coach, but also there's a lot of dead weight needing to be shedded also.

Advertisement
Since Frauden has been here his recruiting classes have been the best in the coastal going away. However, Frauden's philosophy on defense and offense leads to an underperforming team.

Advertisement
Some recruits we get are just Al being Al, but this roster has the talent that 10-2 should be what they do this year with a good coach. Look at our schedule, there is really no team I'd trade rosters with. The only two we could consider is FSU and Clemson, but right now I would take our roster over FSU's for sure, Clemson is a toss up. So with that being said, we easily have the talent on paper that 11-1 isn't even a stretch. 9-3 should be the absolute worst this team does(again, with a real coach), but we're going 5-7 or 6-7.

Last edited:
There's guys on this roster that have no business being at UM. To add to that their clocking major playing time. You can't have that and terrible coaching. I think we miss on so many big names that we settle for the 2 or 3 star kids and try to find reasons to make ourselves believe their good. The better players on the roster never play the whole game, their being put out of position, or their benched when they freelance. Watching that Cincy game I could only shake my head at the talent gap between not only us and Cincy but FSU, Clemson, etc... There's no doubt that there is enough talent here to win with the right coach, but also there's a lot of dead weight needing to be shedded also.

I know! There is no way we can win the coastal playing the likes of Duke, Virginia,North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Ga Tech and Va Tech.

Talent is far from the issue. Golden has had a top 15 to 10 class every year. A real coach would have this team looking completely different in a very positive way

Advertisement
I think I have been considered a slurper or whatever childish name or gif is the post of the day. I felt like I was supporting the hurricanes and have since "79" and will never cheer for them to lose.
Moving forward what are our realistic possibilities for a new coaching hire? Don't says " butch Davis" that's not happening. I think the Pickens are pretty slim. Who is realistic?

I think I have been considered a slurper or whatever childish name or gif is the post of the day. I felt like I was supporting the hurricanes and have since "79" and will never cheer for them to lose.
Moving forward what are our realistic possibilities for a new coaching hire? Don't says " butch Davis" that's not happening. I think the Pickens are pretty slim. Who is realistic?

Rob Chudzinski

Does it really matter? Anybody and I really mean anybody will be an upgrade.

Yes it matters. Lane Kiffin is an upgrade, but would be a tragically bad hire. Cristobal is the same. Heck, Shannon is better than Al, do you want him again. The admin needs to man up, open their pockets and make guys all around the nation say no. A Rob Chudzinski should be the worst option we have, not one of the best. I don't mean that offensively to Rob either, the admin needs to have high expectations for who they want and pursue them all with a blank check and go down the list making them say no. Herman, Patterson, etc. may not have any interest at all, but you make them say no.

Advertisement

Yes it matters. Lane Kiffin is an upgrade, but would be a tragically bad hire. Cristobal is the same. Heck, Shannon is better than Al, do you want him again. The admin needs to man up, open their pockets and make guys all around the nation say no. A Rob Chudzinski should be the worst option we have, not one of the best. I don't mean that offensively to Rob either, the admin needs to have high expectations for who they want and pursue them all with a blank check and go down the list making them say no. Herman, Patterson, etc. may not have any interest at all, but you make them say no.
How does the board fill about Shiano?

Not good. He had a couple good seasons at Rutgers, but didn't have prolonged success. They started regressing and he jumped ship. If he kept up the consistency and went 10+ wins his last 4 years, then that's impressive, but they peaked and started coming back down.

How does the board fill about Shiano?
I think the guy from Texas tech deserves some looking into too.

Advertisement
yet the average composite recruiting rankings over the last 4 years for miami is 15.7 and cincys is 61.5 its all on the coaches stop blaming players

are you saying that Cincy is more talented than us. That's might be one of the dumber things i've read on this site

agreed 100%.

I am going to go out on a limb here and hope that bc the fanbase and media have outed or are now well into the process of outing that the BOT shares as much blame, that they have to know that we all know it's not that we are financially unable to pursue top coaching talent.

There should be enough awareness and pressure on the new administrative regime to understand the consequences of trying to go with the old model of cheap, successful coaching hires.

BOT needs to force worthy high profile coaches to say no.

Advertisement
Back