Behind the U Podcast - Ish Aristide Episode

Advertisement
Great interview with Aristide. Here’s hoping all that confidence rubs off on his players at the Striker position. Not that Frierson or Keontra lack anything but if they take it up another level? That’s going to help our weakest positional link at LB and hopefully translates into more TO’s and W’s for the defense and team.

Such a strong Miami presence with this staff. Can't wait to see the players the new guys land to go with Chase Smith, Leonard Taylor, and James Williams.

He seems determined to prove himself on the field too. "There's a lot of recruiters in college football."

Advertisement
I understand these assistants have a vested interest in talking up their boss, but it’s good to hear all of them lauding Manny for being a personable Coach that places an emphasis on character.
Bottom line is wins, but a man that see’s the whole picture is alright in my book.

Advertisement
Time will tell if was previously a great recruiter because of relationship building with high schoolers or because he dropped bags. Expectations should be high for him.

My family despises me for having his same mindset at the end of the interview. Tighten the defense the f**k up!

Time will tell if was previously a great recruiter because of relationship building with high schoolers or because he dropped bags. Expectations should be high for him.

Donnell Harris aside, I doubt A&M dropped bags for Amari Daniels and Yulkeith Brown. A&M only beat us out for Daniels. Roland Smith said Brashard Smith took Yulkeith's spot.

My expectations are certainly high too. He says he learned a lot from being with three different SEC schools (of course he laughed while saying this) and I'm pumped to see how he utilizes that in his hometown city. In addition to his dad, his uncle was a principal at another football powerhouse (might have been Booker T, I'm forgetting right now). Cool to hear him talking about how Pata and Hyppolite went to schools associated with his family.

Last edited:
I wondered who else interviewed for the job. I'm assuming Chaney and Mike Peterson since we heard their names so much.

Advertisement
Josh Darrow did not understand what Aristide was talking about at the end of the interview. If you have three rare players on the defense, the other 8 guys will look a whole of a lot better. Very unlikely you are finding 2-3 rare defensive playmakers every cycle (even for Alabama) that have the potential of LT/J-Will. Rare playmakers go in the first three rounds and make all conference/all-american.

"I want dynamic players that change the game. I don't want players who help us win games, I want players who win games for us. I don't care what I call...his talent level will change the game for us. That's Miami is all about."

I'd like to get 2-3 rare guys a cycle, but including the offense as well.

Alabama and Ohio Sate and Clemson do not have 11 "rare" guys on their defense every year.

"Mentality has gotta be to dominate the league. Not win games in the league. Dominate the league. Everything starts with language. Do you use language that you want to just win or that you want to dominate...That's what Manny is all about."

Last edited:
"Miami is a group of individuals when they step on the field they play with an edge that scares everybody."

Advertisement
Great interview. Darrow has done a really nice job with that podcast . Every interview is interesting and he really gets them talking.

So did he dry snitch on A&M when he said he went on the road and recruited as an analyst or did I hear that incorrectly?

Advertisement
Back