Before we look ahead, look at Al Golden after 2011 Vatech...

i remember that vividly. you could hear VT celebrating in their locker room and he got choked up because we were one cot **** play away from winning that game. we played with a ton of heart that day. didn't telemaque ***** up the final game winning touchdown?

i knew then he was fully invested in the program and that he would transform the program (not just the team).

Pretty sure it was Spence.

But yes, that loss really hurt. Came back from an early deficit, and ran it down their throats. D couldn't get that stop tho.

Advertisement
McCord spoke about Golden during his post game interview. He spoke about during the game against USF in 2011 before the kick to win the game instead of being quit and scared Golden got the team around himself and Wieclaw, and started jumping around getting the team hype. McCord said at that very moment he decided to commit to Miami. He said that Golden showed him that he was going to support the kids no matter what and that was the reason he committed.

there are other "Golden Moments" that show who this guy really is, who he really is, they include;

The M Lewis injury and Golden's (and Duke's) reaction....cane legend right there:

the end of the florida game where he and the team go to the student section to thank those who "stand by the U":

his early presser response, asking a reporter "are you kidding me?" when suggested that the coaching job at the U was a steeping stone, (and he didn't bail over the discovery of the NCAA investigation, he manned, up and by example requires those around him to do likewise)

when he sent denzel a picture of his (Al's) daughter in a # 52 jersey with the caption, "Your biggest fan"

He's genuine, he's family, he has his #(*^ together, he's our coach, he get's it, and will be one of the greatest coaches in college history

Love his commitment to rebuilding UM's program. Golden knows that what he is building, has not been easy, is not finished and will be a great product every year that he is on the job. We are nowhere near a finished product, but victories like this will pay off dividends for UM in fan support, recruiting, and respect. Still a looong way to go, but his core philosophy and the players buying into the AG & Staff, the foundation, is not only being built, it is solid and has weathered many storms, with more still to come. We are **** lucky to have this guy. He is the prefect hybrid of our previous successful coaches.

From here on out, no one will talk anymore about what he did at Temple. They will talk about what he is accomplishing at Miami.

Last edited:
McCord spoke about Golden during his post game interview. He spoke about during the game against USF in 2011 before the kick to win the game instead of being quit and scared Golden got the team around himself and Wieclaw, and started jumping around getting the team hype. McCord said at that very moment he decided to commit to Miami. He said that Golden showed him that he was going to support the kids no matter what and that was the reason he committed.

there are other "Golden Moments" that show who this guy really is, who he really is, they include;

The M Lewis injury and Golden's (and Duke's) reaction....cane legend right there:

the end of the florida game where he and the team go to the student section to thank those who "stand by the U":

his early presser response, asking a reporter "are you kidding me?" when suggested that the coaching job at the U was a steeping stone, (and he didn't bail over the discovery of the NCAA investigation, he manned, up and by example requires those around him to do likewise)

when he sent denzel a picture of his (Al's) daughter in a # 52 jersey with the caption, "Your biggest fan"

He's genuine, he's family, he has his #(*^ together, he's our coach, he get's it, and will be one of the greatest coaches in college history

I love at his opening presser when he stated,"I got the greatest job in the country."( even though I think he knew in the heart of hearts, UM came with some challenges- and this was before Shapiro-gate became public)

I know some program will come after him with big bucks and people will say,'Oh, Miami can't afford that." As far as I'm concerned, Miami can't afford to lose him.

This is the guy we've all been looking for. Yes, there is plenty of work to be done, but I can just feel it, UM is getting there

Advertisement
Back