Before we look ahead, look at Al Golden after 2011 Vatech...

k9cane

Senior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1sE5xi-eP4

Just watch the first two minutes and tell me this man doesn't give a **** about this program and the young men who rep the U

We are lucky to have him

And UM is gonna do huge things with him

If you don't believe in him, well, that's your problem.( I simply cant imagine this man leaving for another program anytime soon. He's simply too vested into the U. Maybe he's a great actor and perhaps I'm naive, but this is where he wants ( and is meant) to be.

But before you look at how he reacts now to this big victory this weekend vs UF, just look back at how much he cared so early into the process and the kids he knew he really couldn't turn around. It says a lot about him. Ride or die, I'm a Golden guy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We are really lucky to have that guy, after all the bull**** that has gone on in this program since he took over. He's one of the few coaches who does understand this U thing and what makes UM, UM.

1066950.jpg

His ties to the U go back to early 80's when his brother was a walk on for Howard so when he talks about " The Brand " he isn't just blowing smoke, he understands and he cares. The players all talk about him and how he really cares about them and the parents echo the sentiments which will pay didvidends in recruiting. As a 50 year Canes fan I'm proud to be a Golden Cane in support of Goldens Canes.

Advertisement
We really are lucky to have him, we aren't quite where we need to be yet and he knows that. But, I have no doubt that he is going to get us back there.

Advertisement
We only won that game because of how hard Golden makes these kids work. Also because of his prowess in hitting the waiver wire and inserting Gilbert and Renfrow into the rotation which has been invaluable. Defense looked ready and tackled very well. Really don't have any complaints.

so happy this man is at the helm - he is doing everything Right - which makes it so much sweeter

We only won that game because of how hard Golden makes these kids work. Also because of his prowess in hitting the waiver wire and inserting Gilbert and Renfrow into the rotation which has been invaluable. Defense looked ready and tackled very well. Really don't have any complaints.

While I agree that Gilbert and Renfrow were helpful in getting that W. We can't forget about McCord, Porter, Robinson, Pierre, Green and Chick who were out there chugging along and making big plays. Gilbert and Renfrow allow us to get the necessary depth to be successful on the front line.

Advertisement
Yeah the incumbents have all improved, which is all you can ask for. Every senior on the team had some kind of impact on the game. When you have 19 seniors out there contributing in a win over a top 10 team there's a lot to be excited about.

Advertisement
Other coaches would have quit. golden said when he came, most of our coaches left. he wants to be the first to stay for like 25 years.

I had planned to go digging up old threads and quotes from all the Golden haters after we won against a top tier program, but I'm too busy basking in the win to do that right now.

At the end it's a long way between now and the ACC game and beyond, but you have to like our chances now. Questions have been answered, the tough ones.

If Golden is a "used car salesman" like I've read a million ******* times, he just sold a pretty nice used car on Saturday.

McCord spoke about Golden during his post game interview. He spoke about during the game against USF in 2011 before the kick to win the game instead of being quit and scared Golden got the team around himself and Wieclaw, and started jumping around getting the team hype. McCord said at that very moment he decided to commit to Miami. He said that Golden showed him that he was going to support the kids no matter what and that was the reason he committed.

i remember that vividly. you could hear VT celebrating in their locker room and he got choked up because we were one cot **** play away from winning that game. we played with a ton of heart that day. didn't telemaque ***** up the final game winning touchdown?

i knew then he was fully invested in the program and that he would transform the program (not just the team).

Advertisement
Back