Before the season opened I asked who is the Special Teams Coach?

fraggle

Senile Senior
Special Teams changed the momentum yesterday. Our special teams have talent at Kicker and punter yet lack any kind of discipline or coordination. We should not be special but super special with the talent we have. Do we even practice special teams? Doesn't look like it. Do we use our best options on the return game? Regardless of comments to me suggesting I am wrong wondering who, 1/3 of the game hinges on special teams where we have been average to weak and like I said, with the players we have, much more should be expected. Other games this year special teams could've turned the tide, of course it is up to Mario but who has been responsible? After an entire season how does a punt formation be so ragged as yesterday? Disgusting! Before the punt, how many thought this is going to be bad, real bad!

A family member of mine was a special teams player under Urban Meyer. Urban WAS the Special teams coach where ever he went and his best players lined up in special teams. As HC he got whatever was needed and his success verifies the importance of Special Teams.

Advertisement
Thank You for the video. 13th game and this? Shame on an inept coaching staff...bet they all said "not my job" since we don't have a ST coach.

Advertisement
Thank You for the video. 13th game and this? Shame on an inept coaching staff...bet they all said "not my job" since we don't have a ST coach.

We do have a ST “coach” but he is technically an analyst (and non-technically… maybe an idiot). https://miamihurricanes.com/coach/marwan-maalouf/

Perhaps he is in the portal and sat out the bowl game lol.

Also… I think we had 11 on the field but we had 6 to block 7 and 3 gunners on the field side lolol.

This game illustrates the importance of ST and in the commentary is mentioned several times by players and announcers. Besides my trying to make a point this is worth watching to see how we beat a better team.

Advertisement
Back