Before NIL

pacusmc

All American
The Rashada debacle has me wondering how many times kids were promised a certain amount of money and it never materialized or was way lower than what was promised.

I’m taking the over at a **** of a lot.

Before NIL players had no legal recourse and didn’t want to sit out a year or the school flat at out wouldn’t let him transfer.

If UF was this dumb knowing Rashada had a **** lawyer and an agent representing him; I can only imagine the stuff that’s gone on before nil when players were legit scared to say anything in fear of losing eligibility or being labeled as a snitch or untouchable by any team.

Advertisement
It happened a lot that's why kids were always confused. We used to tell people it was bags but they ain't listen.

Wait, is this the same Erik ****erson who played for SMU with Craig James and Lance McIlhenny - The Pony Express.

When did he play for TAM? They had NIL back then? What tha ***** happening here?

NIL is regulated. Bags weren’t. Won’t be surprised to see bags return.

Advertisement
By similar logic Texas 8&4 couldn't exactly tell the NCAA they gave Eric Diickerson his Trans A&M, nothing about recruiting has changed except the numbers.
Actually the legislation allowing the numbers. To be honest, and even that isn't uniform

B
NIL is regulated. Bags weren’t. Won’t be surprised to see bags return.
Bags haven’t gone away. It’s likely easier now.
The ncaa is as effective as a Central American police force trying to catch drug dealers.
Everything is going through.

The Rashada debacle has me wondering how many times kids were promised a certain amount of money and it never materialized or was way lower than what was promised.

I’m taking the over at a **** of a lot.

Before NIL players had no legal recourse and didn’t want to sit out a year or the school flat at out wouldn’t let him transfer.

If UF was this dumb knowing Rashada had a **** lawyer and an agent representing him; I can only imagine the stuff that’s gone on before nil when players were legit scared to say anything in fear of losing eligibility or being labeled as a snitch or untouchable by any team.

Thing was before the portal coaches could tell a kid anything to get his signature and the kid was stuck because he would have to sit out a year to transfer.

First the portal and now NIL has sort of given the kids an out if they get lied too so schools have to be careful or they’re in the news like UFAG.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back