Beating the dead horse

If we can do more here with less, more will come here. But we’re good at doing even lesser with the less we’ve had last couple of decades.
People keep saying this but bags will always win. I think people are trying to convince themselves that we can be what Bama is if we win and it's just not true. The only way that is possible is if we accidentally hire the next best evaluator and closer. Kids will chose bags 90 percent of the time even if we win.....it's a different age and schools like bama are looked at like kids used to look at UM.

Advertisement
Most kids these days don’t care about UM. They see the SEC and the bags as attractive and a way to get into the NFL.
It's been over just we need to accept it. People living in la la land....this is who we are now different era different age we got left behind like ND did. ND at least made a natty but they won't ever win with what the SEC does. It feels like being a jet fan with UM all the hope but u know it's smoke n mirrors.

All I'm say is I have a son 10th grader and he's a athlete and all he knows is Bama.. It's a no brainer if he gets the offer he definitely going.. SO a lot of ppl here look at hometown teams and they just figure these kids should stay home BUT A LOT of these kids grow up seeing schools and they want to go other places and this is the reality of today's kids THEY FALL IN LOVE WITH HOT TEAMS FROM YOUNG.. And a lot stick with it..

I'm from Louisiana and my son doesn't care nothing about da Bayou Bengals in BR..

Advertisement
The Canes dominance came from building the swag, scheduling and beating the best teams in the country; not living off it, and shortcutting.

Find a coach who can win 10 games in a weak league for more than a couple years and the Canes can better dominate area recruiting. But don't blame the recruits; would you work for the corner McDonalds when you could do better at Christy's Steak House in the next town?

I'm sorry for you young guys who missed it - but it's a very rare thing that went on during the Swagger years. It's even harder when the school lets it get away from them like the Canes have with Animal House style Administrative choices and NCAA sanctions. Then you get a couple decades of the new fan base trying to explain away the misery with things like its the recruits fault.

Yes it is beating a dead horse. However this topic is one of enormous frustration for Miami fans and quite understandably so. To us, it seems like such a simple fix and in theory it is. It's torture for the hardcore U fans to see all of this elite talent that is literally in our own backyard go to all of these other schools mostly in the SEC. It's even harder to deal with when you realize that there is so much elite and potentially elite talent down in the tri county area that it could supply several teams with the talent to be perennial conference title and playoff contenders for years and years. In practical terms this means that we don't need to land every elite or potentially elite kid in our midst. Not even close! All we have do to is land our share of the nationally elite local players which percentage wise is rather small. Then fill out the rest with our share of the regionally and locally elite talent which again knowing how many uber talented athletes call the tri county area home should not be that difficult especially considering the history and tradition of UM. Basically that breaks down to UM being a slam dunk to sign top 15 classes every year, top 10 classes 2 out of every 3 years and top 5 1 out of every 3 years.

The maddening reality is that we haven't been able to do anything even close to that. What makes it even more frustrating is that the administration never seemed to give a ****. To us the fix is so easy. Invest money in the program! Invest in facilities. Invest in venue. Invest in the right head coach. The right head coach being one who realizes that UM should always play a certain style of football. That style being aggressive and exciting and being on the front end of the cutting edge in terms of scheme innovation. The bottom line is that UM should always play a brand and style of football that naturally fits the personality of the local talent. In this town when it comes to football, fierce competition rules the day. Down here the game is built on speed, athleticism and the ability to make explosive plays. Down here speed, natural talent, athleticism, explosion and big play ability are everywhere and there is no ducking competition. Down here embracing the toughest competition is a rite of passage. Down here iron sharpens iron. As a result it is no coincidence that South Florida produces the very best talent pool for college recruiters. Unfortunately for us, a small private school who managed to blindside the sacred cows of the college football establishment close to 40 years ago with our unique brand of in your face fast, aggressive, no holds barred football to become a power, the game changed and we didn't keep up.

The establishment dealt us what they thought would be a death blow with the Pell Grant scandal and the over the top draconian type sanctions that were loudly applauded and completely supported by all the giants of the establishment sports media echo chamber like Sports Illustrated and the media entity that would become the ultimate gatekeeper for the college football good ol boy elite ESPN. ESPN became the defacto propaganda machine of the SEC and the bloated fat cats behind the sport's levers of power all while hypocritically and laughably spewing every hackneyed platitude about the plight of the little guy(small schools) in college football and sports in general. While professing their "genuine" concern about Afro American representation and opportunity in the head coaching community out of one side of their collective mouths, they were literally the single biggest enabler and the galvanizing force behind the perpetuation of the UM=Thug U slander. So while these self proclaimed crusaders for the black community were busy preaching their fake gospel of black upward mobility and the idea of enpowering black America, they were even busier "protecting" the good ol boy college football establishment elite from the "scourge" of the Miami Hurricanes, a rising dynasty and transformative change agent built by a bunch of young, motivated, hard working and empowered black Americans. Apparently, ESPN was all for the black community unless it threatened their Good Ol Boy masters and their cash flow. In that case they had to stop it by any means possible which in this case meant brainwashing the world into blindly believing that the black Americans who played football for UM were all thugs which we all know was just their way of using the N word with total impunity.

They thought those sanctions would permanently destroy the Miami program but they didn't and we came back stronger than ever with what would be an unheard of 34 straight wins(2000-2003) and what is still widely considered to be the best college football team of all time the 2001 squad. Our subsequent descent into 15 straight years of consistent mediocrity however was self inflicted. The Good Ol Boy bunch would eventually coalesce into what we know of as the SEC and they would try to take us out again in a preemptive strike through the ridiculous embellishments of an insecure and inconsequential midget booster who shall remain nameless here.

So 5 coaches after our mini dynasty of 2000-2003 we have finally succeeded in completely revamping our once sadly dated facilities into some of the best in the nation. Add to that we have invested in our venue as the upgrades to Hard Rock Stadium have given us not only one of the most beautiful stadiums in college football but also one that rivals the best in the game in terms of amenities and game day atmosphere. As if that wasn't enough, "The Rock" is one of the very top home field advantages in all college football. The acoustics are such that the visiting team can not hear a thing over the noise. Just ask Mike McGlinchy former OT for Notre Dame about that. Finally after some real trial and error we have actually invested in an impressively talented coaching staff on both sides of the ball. As a bonus, most of them are considered to be excellent recruiters. Right now coming off an impressive haul that was the 2021 class where two local 5 star superstars decided to stay home to go with the deepest, most talented squad that Miami has had in recent memory, this program now has an incredible opportunity to change the negative trend of not being able to consistently land South Florida's top talent. Times are changing again in college football and the portal is a huge part of that. Fortunately however Miami has been out in front of this latest trend and UM has positioned itself to have the opportunity to use that newfound leverage to catapult itself right back into national relevance which will only serve to give Miami a bigger foothold in regards to signing many more elite local players.

I realize that I practically wrote a book here. That really wasn't my original intent but once I got into the sanctions, the good ol boy elite and ESPN, I just couldn't stop! LOL
👆AAA+ for effort!

#MuthafûckaPuttinDaWorkIn

Yes it is beating a dead horse. However this topic is one of enormous frustration for Miami fans and quite understandably so. To us, it seems like such a simple fix and in theory it is. It's torture for the hardcore U fans to see all of this elite talent that is literally in our own backyard go to all of these other schools mostly in the SEC. It's even harder to deal with when you realize that there is so much elite and potentially elite talent down in the tri county area that it could supply several teams with the talent to be perennial conference title and playoff contenders for years and years. In practical terms this means that we don't need to land every elite or potentially elite kid in our midst. Not even close! All we have do to is land our share of the nationally elite local players which percentage wise is rather small. Then fill out the rest with our share of the regionally and locally elite talent which again knowing how many uber talented athletes call the tri county area home should not be that difficult especially considering the history and tradition of UM. Basically that breaks down to UM being a slam dunk to sign top 15 classes every year, top 10 classes 2 out of every 3 years and top 5 1 out of every 3 years.

The maddening reality is that we haven't been able to do anything even close to that. What makes it even more frustrating is that the administration never seemed to give a ****. To us the fix is so easy. Invest money in the program! Invest in facilities. Invest in venue. Invest in the right head coach. The right head coach being one who realizes that UM should always play a certain style of football. That style being aggressive and exciting and being on the front end of the cutting edge in terms of scheme innovation. The bottom line is that UM should always play a brand and style of football that naturally fits the personality of the local talent. In this town when it comes to football, fierce competition rules the day. Down here the game is built on speed, athleticism and the ability to make explosive plays. Down here speed, natural talent, athleticism, explosion and big play ability are everywhere and there is no ducking competition. Down here embracing the toughest competition is a rite of passage. Down here iron sharpens iron. As a result it is no coincidence that South Florida produces the very best talent pool for college recruiters. Unfortunately for us, a small private school who managed to blindside the sacred cows of the college football establishment close to 40 years ago with our unique brand of in your face fast, aggressive, no holds barred football to become a power, the game changed and we didn't keep up.

The establishment dealt us what they thought would be a death blow with the Pell Grant scandal and the over the top draconian type sanctions that were loudly applauded and completely supported by all the giants of the establishment sports media echo chamber like Sports Illustrated and the media entity that would become the ultimate gatekeeper for the college football good ol boy elite ESPN. ESPN became the defacto propaganda machine of the SEC and the bloated fat cats behind the sport's levers of power all while hypocritically and laughably spewing every hackneyed platitude about the plight of the little guy(small schools) in college football and sports in general. While professing their "genuine" concern about Afro American representation and opportunity in the head coaching community out of one side of their collective mouths, they were literally the single biggest enabler and the galvanizing force behind the perpetuation of the UM=Thug U slander. So while these self proclaimed crusaders for the black community were busy preaching their fake gospel of black upward mobility and the idea of enpowering black America, they were even busier "protecting" the good ol boy college football establishment elite from the "scourge" of the Miami Hurricanes, a rising dynasty and transformative change agent built by a bunch of young, motivated, hard working and empowered black Americans. Apparently, ESPN was all for the black community unless it threatened their Good Ol Boy masters and their cash flow. In that case they had to stop it by any means possible which in this case meant brainwashing the world into blindly believing that the black Americans who played football for UM were all thugs which we all know was just their way of using the N word with total impunity.

They thought those sanctions would permanently destroy the Miami program but they didn't and we came back stronger than ever with what would be an unheard of 34 straight wins(2000-2003) and what is still widely considered to be the best college football team of all time the 2001 squad. Our subsequent descent into 15 straight years of consistent mediocrity however was self inflicted. The Good Ol Boy bunch would eventually coalesce into what we know of as the SEC and they would try to take us out again in a preemptive strike through the ridiculous embellishments of an insecure and inconsequential midget booster who shall remain nameless here.

So 5 coaches after our mini dynasty of 2000-2003 we have finally succeeded in completely revamping our once sadly dated facilities into some of the best in the nation. Add to that we have invested in our venue as the upgrades to Hard Rock Stadium have given us not only one of the most beautiful stadiums in college football but also one that rivals the best in the game in terms of amenities and game day atmosphere. As if that wasn't enough, "The Rock" is one of the very top home field advantages in all college football. The acoustics are such that the visiting team can not hear a thing over the noise. Just ask Mike McGlinchy former OT for Notre Dame about that. Finally after some real trial and error we have actually invested in an impressively talented coaching staff on both sides of the ball. As a bonus, most of them are considered to be excellent recruiters. Right now coming off an impressive haul that was the 2021 class where two local 5 star superstars decided to stay home to go with the deepest, most talented squad that Miami has had in recent memory, this program now has an incredible opportunity to change the negative trend of not being able to consistently land South Florida's top talent. Times are changing again in college football and the portal is a huge part of that. Fortunately however Miami has been out in front of this latest trend and UM has positioned itself to have the opportunity to use that newfound leverage to catapult itself right back into national relevance which will only serve to give Miami a bigger foothold in regards to signing many more elite local players.

I realize that I practically wrote a book here. That really wasn't my original intent but once I got into the sanctions, the good ol boy elite and ESPN, I just couldn't stop! LOL
War and Peace is shorter by 3 paragraphs.

It's been over just we need to accept it. People living in la la land....this is who we are now different era different age we got left behind like ND did. ND at least made a natty but they won't ever win with what the SEC does. It feels like being a jet fan with UM all the hope but u know it's smoke n mirrors.
debbie-downer.jpg

Advertisement
Most kids these days don’t care about UM. They see the SEC and the bags as attractive and a way to get into the NFL.
How about UM hasn’t been really good in like 15 years? These kids are 17... some people here swear high schoolers love watching football and that they know who the **** Ray Lewis or Dan Morgan are. A lot of the kids I’ve been around don’t watch the NFL but play high school ball.

Advertisement
We have gotten DL guys because we put them in league. Look what T-rob does. He gets kids paid.
I'm spoiled though I want talent I want UM guys from the past. I was top ten picks but I want guys developed that come like Surtain........it's all cool to get some random guy drafted but I want legends.

How many sofla players in the first 2 rounds?
Why is it so **** hard to convince these sofla players on how ridiculous of a team they would be if they stayed.
How hard is it to convince them that it took Saban how long to repeat some thing that was done here in 2 years and could be done here in 2 years again.
You’re framing the issue poorly.

They’re not wrong. We have been wrong. You think Coker, Shannon, Golden and Richt would have been Saban if only blah blah? The kids saw what we were selling and did what they had to do. Made decent decisions for their lives.

UM needed to hire real coaches and demonstrate a commitment to football. We’re making progress. Maybe we’ll break back into relevance. We’ll see.

They’re not wrong. We have been wrong. You think Coker, Shannon, Golden and Richt would have been Saban if only blah blah? The kids saw what we were selling and did what they had to do. Made decent decisions for their lives.

UM needed to hire real coaches and demonstrate a commitment to football. We’re making progress. Maybe we’ll break back into relevance. We’ll see.
Richt was a real coach. Just past his prime. Look at the guys he put into
the nfl

Advertisement

Richt was a real coach. Just past his prime. Look at the guys he put into
the nfl

How about UM hasn’t been really good in like 15 years? These kids are 17... some people here swear high schoolers love watching football and that they know who the **** Ray Lewis or Dan Morgan are. A lot of the kids I’ve been around don’t watch the NFL but play high school ball.
We haven't been "Really" good further than 15yrs ago....

If I'm a 5* talent I'm not jumping into this dumpster fire to rep the 305. No way no how. Bags no bags. Whatever.
For bags I'll do it but if I'm coming from a hard upbringing where my parents are struggling it will be difficult for me to turn down money. If I'm looking at it objectively I understand kids will take the bags. UM used to preach family but what happens when the school directly takes care of your family? That makes the school family in athletes eyes especially if they are taking care of mom n dad.

Advertisement
Back