Be honest: Do folks here bet against Miami?

I dont actually bet, I lost some money on betting and Draftkings and I dont want to do that again.

As for betting against Miami = rooting against them, no. I dont do that. Its just my expectation and hope is gone.

Advertisement
I don't bet on Miami, but I do bet. I got called out by gator fan because they wanted to bet on the Mich State game.

Why wouldnt you bet on them or against them. What other team do you know better? It only makes sense that if you are going to bet, Miami should be one of the games. Unfortunately betting is with your brain and not your heart. I bet against them both times this year and won. I'm taking miami this week at -6 cause i think MSU is a fraud also. Miami wins by double digits this week only because we are at home and have more talent. App State is better than Michigan state for anyone whos going to question me that the same went for APP state. We played about as bad as we could and still won. Miami runs away with this one late in the game.

Advertisement
Don't involve money with sports. It will ruin the game for you. Same thing for fantasy. You end up rooting for your team to lose. Its not how its supposed to be.

Why wouldnt you bet on them or against them. What other team do you know better? It only makes sense that if you are going to bet, Miami should be one of the games. Unfortunately betting is with your brain and not your heart. I bet against them both times this year and won. I'm taking miami this week at -6 cause i think MSU is a fraud also. Miami wins by double digits this week only because we are at home and have more talent. App State is better than Michigan state for anyone whos going to question me that the same went for APP state. We played about as bad as we could and still won. Miami runs away with this one late in the game.
FWIW we haven’t covered any of our last 5 home games. I wouldn’t use that as any form of justification.

The lines for the first three games this year have been lined up to make money.

After the Michigan State (who I took +8 when it opened) game, Vegas will adjust and Vegas will get back to winning.

No. Bet on them occasionally. Have always lost. But sticking with my school. Plenty of other things to bet on.

Advertisement
All the time lol. If Miami wins, I'm happy. If Miami loses, I'm making money. Can't lose.
I pick my spots, but if betting on a miami game, I usually bet against. I did have them against App St and got burned. Over the years I have done much better betting against them than in favor.

This past weekend was probably my baddest beat...not in terms of total money but just the shear display of pitiful execution. Most satisfying win would have to be @ florida st in 2017. Took UM money line

Don't involve money with sports. It will ruin the game for you. Same thing for fantasy. You end up rooting for your team to lose. Its not how its supposed to be.
As long as you aren’t betting more than you can afford, the exact opposite is true. Idk how you can enjoy watching UCLA play Hawaii without action. I like betting $20 on a game to get me interested.

I did for the first time ever. Won a bundle on Alabama and App State, both on the spread.

The guilt lingers and I may not do it again. But it's just business.
If gambling is your business... dont feel guilty... enjoy it while it lasts because it aint gonna last long.

Advertisement
If I think we are going to lose, I will bet against my team. That way if we win, I lose the money but my team won so it's like I traded a few bucks for a team win (which I would take every single day). If we do end up losing, I make a few bucks and my wife is less made at how much I was yelling at the TV.

Never bet on a college football game ever.... Well unless you count buying 800 dollars worth of tickets, paying for a hotel, driving 2000 miles and a carryout tailgate. I dont do all that to lose.

As long as you aren’t betting more than you can afford, the exact opposite is true. Idk how you can enjoy watching UCLA play Hawaii without action. I like betting $20 on a game to get me interested.
Makes sense. I just avoid gambling in general.

Advertisement
R Kelly GIF

t
I pick my spots, but if betting on a miami game, I usually bet against. I did have them against App St and got burned. Over the years I have done much better betting against them than in favor.

This past weekend was probably my baddest beat...not in terms of total money but just the shear display of pitiful execution. Most satisfying win would have to be @ florida st in 2017. Took UM money line
I picked Miami moneyline for the App St game. I do have Mich St +6.5 this week. I will bet on Miami but we tend to play all average teams close so its best to pick the opposing team with the points.

Betting against your team is smart. If we win you’re happy. If we lose you win some money. Obviously I wouldn’t throw down big money

I did for the first time ever. Won a bundle on Alabama and App State, both on the spread.

The guilt lingers and I may not do it again. But it's just business.
There's nothing wrong with it. Fandom is fandom and $ is $. Do you get your money back at the stadium if you sit through a sh*tburger loss? Does the admin feel guilty about taking your money?

Advertisement
Back