Be Careful What you Say on Here

If they pay as much attention to the people smearing them as they do to the football program, we are going to be fine

Nobody is going to order late night dinners for anyone! Or order a fresh load of fertilizer for anyone? Or send degrading emails to anyone!
I just don't see people on this board doing that kind of stuff.

Last edited:
Advertisement
False light invasion of privacy is no longer a recognized cause of action in Florida. Obviously Michigan is different, however (and I would need to know more) I'm not so sure this lady has such a great case. Maybe I misread, but it appears that the guy referred to it as a rumor that he was passing along. I don't think that would qualify. Now, if he claimed to have personal knowlege of inside information not publicly available, that's a different story.

The only defense against defamation is the truth.

There is actual one more defense which is my favorite defense in all of law. It's that the person's reputation is so bad that a defamatory statement could not make it any worse.

#ignorethenoise #bunkerdown #blocktheoutside

Not too sure we have to worry about Golden and Co

Advertisement
This thread seems like the perfect place to post that pic of Golden and Dorito snuggling up on the couch. Er, I mean, that obviously photoshopped, could never be true, pic of Golden and Dorito snuggling on the couch. :Smile:

What are people here upset about? I personally like it.
You should be held accountable for spreading rumors defaming private citizens. The internet has allowed people to behave recklessly thinking since you are hiding behind a screen name you could make any claim even if it can ruin people's lives.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back