BDC Confession Parole Thread

Bigdaddycane44

Banned
Banned
@UrineDaloop told me last week I could do a confession thread so here it is.

I do apologize if some of my responses in the college FB realignment thread rubbed people the wrong way. There wasn’t any malicious intent there, but I understand how people might have viewed the comments as an insult to UM academics and the University as a whole. I’ve only been a member here for less than 2 months and I’m still figuring out the general moods and personalities of this forum. I know to be more mindful with my criticism going forward.

I did indeed go to UM and got my degree about a decade ago. That’s the truth whether people here want to believe it or not. Based on what years you went to the University of Miami, your experience and perception could be vastly different, even with just a 5-8 year gap in attendance. They’ve been putting up buildings left and right in recent years, tearing down old dorms and athletic facilities and replacing them. They’ve also been adding buildings that didn’t exist just 8 years ago. The whole Student Center where the new Ratt is, Med School center near Greentree, new dorms to replace Stanford/Hecht (still under construction), and the Carol Sopher indoor practice facility did not exist when I graduated. Those are just SOME of the new facilities on campus that weren’t there when I was there and I’m sure there are others I’m leaving out. Also bear in mind the entire culture at UM has changed dramatically over the years. Once upon a time, The University was known more for its bad boy football team than anything related to academics. Academics have improved significantly in the past 30 years and getting accepted now is tougher than ever. That’s not a knock on folks who went there a long time ago, but it’s the reality.

Point is, those who may have attended in 1985, 1995, or 2015 each experienced a vastly different UM and everyone will remember it differently. Like the football program, the school has changed a whole lot over the years. To disqualify someone’s attendance because they might not be as familiar with thing A as someone who probably graduated in a completely different era just isn’t fair. This is circumstantial evidence. The physical forensic evidence is the Bachelor’s Degree with Donna’s name on it, and I’ll gladly take a selfie with it if anyone wants to question me.

But being an alumni has nothing to do with being part of this forum. We established I wasn’t the USC19 troll (which is why I was thrown in here the first time). So I can’t confess to being what I am clearly not. All I can confess to is being opinionated which might annoy people sometimes. This I can work on. I genuinely believe I could be a decent contributor on this forum, but if y’all don’t think so, I can find another forum. This is my last attempt at trying to get back on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
8f2036cf-52c3-489b-a116-8607d8699cc9_text.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back