BBC (the publication, not the other thing) Article on Mike James

dookie blaylock

doodoo brown
mike james has formally requested (and was subsequently denied) a therapeutic use exemption for medical marijuana to curtail/prevent opioid addiction. he may be the first player to ever formally request a cannabis tue from the league and this could potentially lead to more informed and nuanced discussion in the league office as research continues to support the benefits of cbd.

unfortunately whatever minuscule chance that he would ever get signed again probably went out the window.

Cannabis and sport: NFL's Mike James asks for permission to use cannabis

Advertisement
Advertisement

Attachments

• 3ED4663B-AD10-4DF4-9A62-76D9A4F136FE.jpeg
    3ED4663B-AD10-4DF4-9A62-76D9A4F136FE.jpeg
    6.8 KB · Views: 2
Advertisement
I saw the Dr Sanjay Gupta report on medical marijuana. Leave it to the NFL to favor life-threatening opioids over a drug that has never killed anyone. tbh, if I didn't follow Canes alumni, I wouldn't even watch the NFL. They are constantly doing the players wrong, from denying head traumas to blacklisting Kaepernick to not allowing James to medicate. These guys are clowns.

p.s., Mike James is an impressive young man. I wish him and his family all the best. Hopefully he saved up some money and Richt takes care of him.

NFL ownership is a joke. From 'paid patriotism', kneeling for the anthem, players abusing women, cannabis, all the way to how players are told wear the socks.

Last edited:
I was going to start a thread called PAWG. The problem is that there is no other thing for that.

Advertisement
Man I was totally terrified this would be a thread about either the British Broadcasting Corp or Borrowing Base Certificates.

Advertisement
This really sucks.. had a couple classes with Mike and he's genuinely an awesome guy. Total class act and was hoping he could keep some of the momentum from his rookie year going, pretty sure he had a monster game or two.

Tough to hear his 3 potential paths seem to be football + debilitating pain, football + opioid addiction, or no football. Hopefully he can keep his head straight and find a solid career off the field.

Advertisement
Back