BB Conditioning

HRIKN

Freshman
What is the conditioning regimen for BB? As this is the 2nd year we have multiple players out with various injuries, is our conditioning part of the problem? Broken bones is one thing, but it seems we have players having to sit with lesser injuries. I don't seem to hear about other teams having the same problem on a yearly basis. Or is it a problem with how we practice? Are we signing players who have a history of being injured? Something has to change.

Advertisement
What is the conditioning regimen for BB? As this is the 2nd year we have multiple players out with various injuries, is our conditioning part of the problem? Broken bones is one thing, but it seems we have players having to sit with lesser injuries. I don't seem to hear about other teams having the same problem on a yearly basis. Or is it a problem with how we practice? Are we signing players who have a history of being injured? Something has to change.
"3rd"

I didn't know a guy throwing out his back, rolling his ankle(it's probably closer to broken than sprained) are things that can be prevented by S and C. Never mind the fact that with increased minutes for certain guys, their injury risk goes up. Some players, due to their body type and whatnot are more likely to get hurt, if they are playing past a certain plateau.

It's a vicious cycle, guys get hurt, other guys end up playing way more minutes than they can physically handle and are at higher risk of getting hurt themselves. What's funny is that Miami had good injury luck for years, but once you lose depth, injuries tend to hurt you significantly more.

I question our strength training as well. We are a weak team and have been for a while now. The only guy who appears to be impressive physically is Wong. The rest of the team is rail thin (Gak has been here how long and is still 200 pounds soaking wet).

Advertisement
Phil Baier is the strength and conditioning coach for men's basketball team at the University of Miami.
He would be the guy you would want to consult about that.
I would not ask Coach L as he thinks the injuries are just "bad luck."
Interesting how the coaching staff can use advanced analytics to help recruit transfers but the best answer for the team injuries is "bad luck."
I wonder why UMiami Health System was not involved to help the basketball team with their injury situation.

Advertisement
The basketball team's head athletic trainer (Cory Kaplan) is off to James Madison. He's being replaced by the former trainer at JMU, Sam Johnson.

Advertisement
Back