Bats

canesFAN_4_life

Recruit
Premium
Are we using the same brand of bats this year as we have been?

I noticed someone was using a Louisville bat tonight. I thought last year and the year before they only used adidas bats.

Advertisement
Baseball is a bit of a weird sport when it comes to gear and sponsorships. Most schools will have an apparels sponsorship like Nike, Adidas, UA, etc. But gloves and bats are typically on their own because the best ones (Rawlings, Wilson, Louisville Slugger, Marucci) don't do apparel. The exception to this was Nike back in the day that made some really HOT bats. Now with BBCOR the bats are toned down a lot. So most schools have an apparel sponsorship and either have a separate sponsorship for gloves and bats or allow the players to bring in and use what they want.

Seemed like last year the guys were kinda forced to use EVERYTHING Adidas. This year I've seen some guys with Marucci gloves, Wilson Gloves, Louisville Slugger bats. They're swinging the bats great, other than last night's game 2 against UF. Whatever wins I don't care what they use.

Baseball is a bit of a weird sport when it comes to gear and sponsorships. Most schools will have an apparels sponsorship like Nike, Adidas, UA, etc. But gloves and bats are typically on their own because the best ones (Rawlings, Wilson, Louisville Slugger, Marucci) don't do apparel. The exception to this was Nike back in the day that made some really HOT bats. Now with BBCOR the bats are toned down a lot. So most schools have an apparel sponsorship and either have a separate sponsorship for gloves and bats or allow the players to bring in and use what they want.

Seemed like last year the guys were kinda forced to use EVERYTHING Adidas. This year I've seen some guys with Marucci gloves, Wilson Gloves, Louisville Slugger bats. They're swinging the bats great, other than last night's game 2 against UF. Whatever wins I don't care what they use.
Agreed. I was just curious if we had to use adidas bats the last few years, cause that's all I remember seeing till this year.

Advertisement
Agreed. I was just curious if we had to use adidas bats the last few years, cause that's all I remember seeing till this year.

Yeah me too. I'm glad we're getting away from that. Don't have to be married to a certain brand if we're allowed to use something of better quality. The adidas gloves looked real nice but I'm seeing guys use other stuff so maybe not.

Are we using the same brand of bats this year as we have been?

I noticed someone was using a Louisville bat tonight. I thought last year and the year before they only used adidas bats.
They used to use Adidas, but they aren’t very good bats, according to my source. They don’t yet have a sponsor so this year everyone is on their own. They mostly use Demarini and DTB.

They used to use Adidas, but they aren’t very good bats, according to my source. They don’t yet have a sponsor so this year everyone is on their own. They mostly use Demarini and DTB.
Adidas full alloy bats are awesome with tons of pop, anyone saying they are trash surely have not swung one. WE JUST HAD TRASH HITTERS

Advertisement
Adidas full alloy bats are awesome with tons of pop, anyone saying they are trash surely have not swung one. WE JUST HAD TRASH HITTERS
Right. The bat thing is a crutch. Baseball players are hella weird like that. When I played I cycled through nike, Demarini & marruch. Just depending on how I was feeling. But no the bats are not why the team hit poorly last season lol

Right. The bat thing is a crutch. Baseball players are hella weird like that. When I played I cycled through nike, Demarini & marruch. Just depending on how I was feeling. But no the bats are not why the team hit poorly last season lol

The bats last year must have weighed more. The players could not raise them off of their shoulders enough to swing at the ball.

Name me one top program that swings adidas?

It’s a different situation here. Adidas threw the kitchen sink at Miami to be their flagship program. The baseball team didn’t have a choice. We weren’t Miss St or NC State or UCLA (they were adidas schools but baseball had separate sponsors). We were all Nike before the bat debacle they had when the bats changed. We didn’t have multiple sponsors like the other adidas schools. But I’m sure they talked adidas down and said we want to be able to use other stuff. And seeing as how they are this year, apparently Adidas didn’t mind. They don’t sell a whole lot of baseball stuff aside from cleats anyway.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back