Basketball school

Who gon tell Andrea šŸ‘€?
Screenshot_20230325_162517_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
These posts are stupid. What baseball and basketball teams did Floridians grow up watching since there were none back in the day?

I grew up in NY.

St Johnā€™s is my basketball team. I became a Cane fan in the 80s while spending the summer in Florida. Some of us never grew up in CFB rich areas, or attended UM.

I went to Bronx Community College, NYU, and Columbia. Loved across the street from Fordham University.

Who the f am I supposed to be rooting for?
I was a big St. Johns and Big East BB fan back in the early to mid 80s. Some of the best college basketball I ever saw was that old Big East Conference. As soon as Miami brought basketball back, they were my team. It was painful, and pitiful at times, but look at us now.

Advertisement
It was every bit as entertaining as the NBA at the time. It was like a cross between basketball, wrestling, and a gang war.
1996 Big East Championship UConn led by Ray Allen vs Georgetown led by Allen Iverson is one of my favorite basketball games I watched as a kid. I believe neither one put up a lot of points that game but it was a battle. Awesome match up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It was every bit as entertaining as the NBA at the time. It was like a cross between basketball, wrestling, and a gang war.
That was something you had to witness to truly understand. Those teams played high level basketball but would throw hands if the opposing team tried some dirty ****. If I remember correctly they would get ejected for fighting but come back to play the next game.

No....St John's beat Georgetown at the Capital Center Jan 26 1985....66-65....they then lost to GT later in yr.
Yeah, I thought they split the regular season. GT then beat them in the BE Tournament, and Final Four. Crazy.

Advertisement
If youā€˜re a Canes football ā€œfanā€ and arenā€™t supporting the B-Ball team right now and are a fan of Duke, UNC or some other well-known team ā€¦. Well ā€¦ you just ainā€™t a Cane.

I am a Duke basketball fan. I reject anti Caneism during the rest of this tourny in all it's forms. I stand with my friends in the "Whole" or "Full Brother" Canes Community.

And that my friends, is how you buy yourself some time.

Advertisement
Back