Basketball recruiting

Advertisement
I'm wondering if coach L might go after 1 transfer this year too. I assume it would be another big man if so. Although I wonder if he would go after a grad transfer or someone who would sit a year. This upcoming year Jekiri and Cruz will be Seniors, and Murphy will be a Junior. I wouldn't mind picking up a guy to sit for a year so that it's not just Murphy and Sherman (both 6'8) along with whatever Fr. after this coming year.

That is true I forgot about Lawrence taking Joe T's Scholarship. That should make for an interesting couple years regarding the situation on the post. Coach L is gonna have to get either some tall grad transfers or game-ready freshman bigs for Murphy's senior year.

Advertisement
Uceda
Tonye
Angel
Mac

Looking at a four man class for 2016. Gotta get at least one of Huell, Durham, Bradley.

Uceda
Tonye
Angel
Mac

Looking at a four man class for 2016. Gotta get at least one of Huell, Durham, Bradley.

And murphy to add to that list. Could be a 5 man class. I expect us to probably take 3 2016 kids then two transfers

Uceda
Tonye
Angel
Mac

And murphy to add to that list. Could be a 5 man class. I expect us to probably take 3 2016 kids then two transfers

"Murphy, who played two seasons at Oklahoma State University, will sit out the 2014-15 season, then will have two years of eligibility with the Hurricanes."

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...-to-miami-hurricanes-from-oklahoma-state.html

Manu, Newton, Burnett, Reed, Sherman, Murphy and Lawrence all still here in 2016. Were in a reloading phase, I don't know how many schollies are available, but this team is looking to be loaded for the next few years. According to ESPN we have someone committed for the 2017 class.

Advertisement
I think we are still looking around at Grad Transfers just in case we have 1 of our loaded group of Guards transfer.

Manu, Newton, Burnett, Reed, Sherman, Murphy and Lawrence all still here in 2016. Were in a reloading phase, I don't know how many schollies are available, but this team is looking to be loaded for the next few years. According to ESPN we have someone committed for the 2017 class.

DJ Russell. Still early, but I don't think any site has him ranked yet.

2017 should be all about Zach Brown. Keep that monster home by any means necessary.

2016 - Dewan Huell - Miami Norland - 6 ft 10 BEAST!!!

[video=youtube;y3Y_12y9WQw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Y_12y9WQw[/video]

Advertisement
2017 is loaded in Florida. These 3 kids are all legit.

Wyatt Wilkes (6’7, SG, Winter Park)
He is a cerebral, fundamental player who does it all with great size, a knockdown shot with a ton of range and terrific instincts passing the ball
Will play for: SE Elite Florida 16u
Offer from UCF
Interest from Florida, Florida State, Miami, Kansas, Cincinnati, Virginia, Stanford, Davidson, Vanderbilt, TCU, Alabama, USF

[video=youtube;RffwZMBRwtI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RffwZMBRwtI[/video]

Chaundee Brown (6’5, SG, Dr Phillips)
He is a strong, athletic wing with incredible versatility on both sides of the floor and an offensive game geared toward scoring
Will play for: SE Elite Florida 16u
Offer from UCF
Interest from Florida, Florida State, Miami, Kansas State, Alabama, George Mason, USF

Terrell Turner (6’5, SG, McArthur HS)
He is a versatile scorer with a strong athletic frame to finish and a sweet shot from every range
Will play for: SE Elite 16u
Offers from Memphis, Murray State, FIU, Northern Arizona, Louisiana Tech

[video=youtube;1qtinUM9FQQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qtinUM9FQQ[/video]

2017 should be all about Zach Brown. Keep that monster home by any means necessary.

ESPN says that DJ Russell has been commited since 2013... so since his early freshman year he's been committed right?

Advertisement

ESPN says that DJ Russell has been commited since 2013... so since his early freshman year he's been committed right?

I've thought about this at length and can't put my finger on it. Seems to be the case, unless it's a typo. And Larranaga knows talent, so it's either a homerun or a child who doesn't know what he wants. I wish there was more college bball recruiting analysis. Espn is the only site I've found, they've got some videos but there's no real comprehensive national analysis.

This DJ Russell?

1418964.jpg

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/188037/dj-russell

Committed Miami (FL) 07/09/2013, would (guess) probably be near beginning of his freshamn season when he commited. If he sticks, he would be commited all his 4 years of high school.... now that's a commitment

Speaking of Lawrence, it's going to take a lot for him to crack the lineup next season. Assuming nobody goes pro, transfers, etc. this is the deepest team Coach L and Miami has ever had.

Advertisement
Back