Baseball Rotation

shoeless

Retired staff
Premium
So our rotation opening weekend will be Woodrey, Mediavilla, Danny Garcia. Not sure I like it. We seem to be obsessed with lefties. I would have liked to see Lepore or Pimentel get that Sunday spot. Or the freshman. Interesting that Mediavilla gets a start as Morris was very adamant about him staying in bullpen.
They get paid the big bucks so we will see.

Advertisement
So our rotation opening weekend will be Woodrey, Mediavilla, Danny Garcia. Not sure I like it. We seem to be obsessed with lefties. I would have liked to see Lepore or Pimentel get that Sunday spot. Or the freshman. Interesting that Mediavilla gets a start as Morris was very adamant about him staying in bullpen.
They get paid the big bucks so we will see.

Did not mean to downvote. Beauprez gone hurts

Advertisement
I like moving Mediavilla to the rotation in general because he has great stuff and I think he's suited to the role, but one downside is we now lack any reliable leftys in the bullpen. We list 4 on the roster - 3 are our starters, and the 4th is the son of a Trustee.

Garcia, Hammond, Pimentel, Cabezas, Lepore, maybe Bartow and Musa (? don't know much about how good last 2 are) is still pretty good bullpen depth, especially from where we were a few years ago.

So the JUCO kid Batista has been injured as well. Who in the world is going to play in the middle infield? Are we gonna have to put Ruiz at SS and Michaelangeli at 2B? And then does Croccito DH? Man, Lopez has put us in a tough situation. Hopefully Batista is ready to go.

This team is honestly not elite going into the season. Losing Honiotes hurts as well. I saw him in high school and he was a stud. Never really recovered from the arm injury.

It really does blow my mind that we don't recruit on a completely different level than we currently do. I'm still excited for the season, but some of the defections make this team much weaker than expected.

We'll know everything we need to know about the baseball team after the UF series. We can't be a serious contender until we start beating UF. I continue to believe last year's Omaha trip was a product of a ridiculously favorable regional and super, and wasn't surprised at all that we got annihilated by UF in Omaha.

Advertisement
We'll know everything we need to know about the baseball team after the UF series. We can't be a serious contender until we start beating UF. I continue to believe last year's Omaha trip was a product of a ridiculously favorable regional and super, and wasn't surprised at all that we got annihilated by UF in Omaha.

Agreed in many respects. They are filthy loaded again this year and simply recruit on another level, which is somewhat a byproduct of a state school vs. a very expensive private school, but not entirely.

Agreed in many respects. They are filthy loaded again this year and simply recruit on another level, which is somewhat a byproduct of a state school vs. a very expensive private school, but not entirely.

I like Woodrey...as a Sunday guy. But throwing a mid 80s junk baller on Friday night against a team as stacked as UF is terrifying.

UF will pound us in baseball again.

We are a top 8-14 type team, really solid, but UF is elite.

I think they finally win a NC this season.

Advertisement
Back