Baseball on radio(DRad)

canesstevealum08

"Wyatt, I am rolling!"
Premium
He has to work on this it’s been about 6 years that 560 doesn’t air games. WVUM being the only option makes us look small time. Maybe If we have a nice run we can renegotiate?

Advertisement
He has to work on this it’s been about 6 years that 560 doesn’t air games. WVUM being the only option makes us look small time. Maybe If we have a nice run we can renegotiate?
The kids do a nice job. I was running behind on Sunday and left downtown FTL 20 minutes before first pitch. Did not pick up until south of Hollywood and it was weak. Streaming was fine. Switched to radio around 125th Street.

The kids do a nice job. I was running behind on Sunday and left downtown FTL 20 minutes before first pitch. Did not pick up until south of Hollywood and it was weak. Streaming was fine. Switched to radio around 125th Street.

The problem is the strength of VUM's signal. We had a referendum when I was at UM and we funded the FCC study to increase the power of the signal, and then some craptastic station in Palm Beach blocked us.

Even the internet stream hasn't been great in the past, haven't used it lately. Not sure why they haven't figured out a WVUM app, or at least put the functionality on the UM app.

The problem is the strength of VUM's signal. We had a referendum when I was at UM and we funded the FCC study to increase the power of the signal, and then some craptastic station in Palm Beach blocked us.

Even the internet stream hasn't been great in the past, haven't used it lately. Not sure why they haven't figured out a WVUM app, or at least put the functionality on the UM app.
I use the WVUM site usually 10-15 times a year to listen live. It's 50-50 on mobile if the play button it actually able to be used. I actually like the broadcasts, they just need better interface or an app, like you said. Bonkers that they/we don't have better.

Advertisement
Actually just google wvum. There will be 2 “listen live” hits. The one that shows the score will not work - never does. The one that just has the play button does work. I listen to every game on the radio. And yeah, the kids do a terrific job.

Do you usually listen on the computer? I've had issues on the iPhone. Maybe it's gotten better lately, I probably gave up a while ago.

I've always loved listening to the games on WVUM (back in the day). Late 80s/early 90s was the height of college radio (on the music side). Still sad that our Student Government efforts in the late 80s were unable to boost the WVUM signal.

Advertisement
Do you usually listen on the computer? I've had issues on the iPhone. Maybe it's gotten better lately, I probably gave up a while ago.

I've always loved listening to the games on WVUM (back in the day). Late 80s/early 90s was the height of college radio (on the music side). Still sad that our Student Government efforts in the late 80s were unable to boost the WVUM signal.
I listen on my iphone. It does cut off alot and I have to refresh to get it back online, but it is typically my only option. I actually heard it is better on Spanish radio, but no hablo espanol.

I listen on my iphone. It does cut off alot and I have to refresh to get it back online, but it is typically my only option. I actually heard it is better on Spanish radio, but no hablo espanol.

Sorry for bugging you with a million questions, but you use your iPhone to go to the WVUM website, right? I don't think they have a stand-alone app for WVUM though. I have a UM "university" app, a UM sports app, a UM Business School app and a UM Alum app, but I think that's it for "official" UM apps.

If there is a streaming link available through one of those apps above, I'd love to know, I just may have overlooked it. I'd hate to be the 50-year old dumba$$ who is trying to listen to the live-stream the wrong way.

PS, I realized I could watch most of the games on my Apple TV, I thought I had to buy ESPN+ separately, but there is another way to get the ESPN+ broadcasts because I have the all-inclusive Disney+, which includes ESPN+. This ****e is confusing.

Sorry for bugging you with a million questions, but you use your iPhone to go to the WVUM website, right? I don't think they have a stand-alone app for WVUM though. I have a UM "university" app, a UM sports app, a UM Business School app and a UM Alum app, but I think that's it for "official" UM apps.

If there is a streaming link available through one of those apps above, I'd love to know, I just may have overlooked it. I'd hate to be the 50-year old dumba$$ who is trying to listen to the live-stream the wrong way.

PS, I realized I could watch most of the games on my Apple TV, I thought I had to buy ESPN+ separately, but there is another way to get the ESPN+ broadcasts because I have the all-inclusive Disney+, which includes ESPN+. This ****e is confusing.
All of the home games, and most ACC away games are just on the regular ESPN app, if you log in with your TV provider (and you get ACCNetwork in your package), you don't need ESPN+. But that works too if that's all you have.

The WVUM "Listen Live" just runs through the browser on your iPhone/iPad, but it can be hit or miss whether the play button works. Middle of the page you'll see the black bar with the Play button and volume slider.

I don't think there's any app for WVUM, so that's the only option.

All of the home games, and most ACC away games are just on the regular ESPN app, if you log in with your TV provider (and you get ACCNetwork in your package), you don't need ESPN+. But that works too if that's all you have.

The WVUM "Listen Live" just runs through the browser on your iPhone/iPad, but it can be hit or miss whether the play button works. Middle of the page you'll see the black bar with the Play button and volume slider.

That is the link I use

Advertisement

I have Spectrum in Orlando. I've had ACCN since it became available. And I am logged in on my Apple TV for all channels with my Spectrum account.

I am still forced to use ESPN+ to see the games. I have seen two ESPN+ choices on screen. One of them will prompt me to subscribe. The other allows me to view. I believe the ESPN+ that I am able to use is due to my Disney+ membership, but who knows for sure. I just remember having ESPN+ issues prior to getting Disney+, then no problems since, and I've had the "Platinum" (or whatever) package with Spectrum for years.

****e is infuriating to follow and/or figure out.

News flash - WVUM antenna on top of the Towers will have to be relocated. No other building as tall as the Towers....

I wonder if this will weaken the reception, particularly North Dade/South Broward.

Advertisement
Back