Baseball Fans

Great game tonight against UF, Tony Jenkins had 2 huge at bats late, and really choked, especially the baserunning error, but. Guess that's baseball.

2-1 loss, hopefully pull it out tomorrow, w/o the closer

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great game tonight against UF, Tony Jenkins had 2 huge at bats late, and really choked, especially the baserunning error, but. Guess that's baseball.

2-1 loss, hopefully pull it out tomorrow, w/o the closer

Was it a baserunning error? I was listening on WVUM and they seemed to think it was a terrible interference call (if we're talking about the same play in the... bottom of the 7th?).

Next two won't be as close. Winner comes down to pitching depth in all likelihood.

Close, but I think it was the right call. Man on first, Jenkins bunts down first base line, as the pitcher picks up to throw Jenkins shades left near the grass/away from the base line. Pitcher throws into his back. Was going to be runners at the corners no outs, feeling good. But ends up one out man on first. Rest is history.

Advertisement
It was a ****** call on the Jenkins bunt but the um bats sucked this game. Was sad to watch.....and why the **** was federman left in the game for as long as he did, he sucked ***!!!!

Was it a baserunning error? I was listening on WVUM and they seemed to think it was a terrible interference call (if we're talking about the same play in the... bottom of the 7th?).

Next two won't be as close. Winner comes down to pitching depth in all likelihood.
Yes it was an error. He started off outside the line, rean back inside towards the grass and in the line of sight, then veered away...big mistake in a critical moment.

But we struck out looking as a team way too many times late in the game, and I can promise that if we're going to remain at the top we better change that philosophy.

I don't understand why we put in a fast pitch runner and with LaLa up with two outs we didn't even attempt to steal second base. Worse case he gets thrown out and LaLa leads off the next inning.
Was wondering the same thing. Terrible management yet again

Advertisement
Yes it was an error. He started off outside the line, rean back inside towards the grass and in the line of sight, then veered away...big mistake in a critical moment.

But we struck out looking as a team way too many times late in the game, and I can promise that if we're going to remain at the top we better change that philosophy.

Yep, dead on. Horrible time to veer off the line as he might have beat it anyway....still would have had a man in scoring position.

Regardless, like recent years, we made just the small enough amount of errors more than a very well coached UF team.

We knew their #1 was as good or possibly slightly better than Van Belle. I don't know their #2 and #3 very well, but I know ours better show up big time to give our bats some time to wake the F back up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back