Baseball America Projected Field of 64

Advertisement
We actually missed the postseason two years in a row.
That's correct. Despite finishing well in '17, the previously mentioned mid-week losses, coupled w several conference tourney winners the last weekend (that would not have received at-large bids) cost us the streak.

Yep despite some thoughts that we just held our place with the sweep, we actually are +6 in Rpi.

This is incorrect. We jumped up to #10 after the win over FGCU. Then we bounced around 12-14 during the weekend and settled at #11 after all games were played. So, like I wrote in the other thread, the sweep kept us right about where we were. 10 to 11.

I get that you need to argue against everything I write, but some things are backed by facts. This is one of those times.

Advertisement
Very interesting that there are 5 ACC schools in the top 12 RPI rankings while there's only 2 SEC schools.
This is partly due to the fact that we started conference play a week earlier. While the ACC takes a week off or has throwaway series such as Radford and North Dakota State in May, the SEC plays in conference from now on.

This is partly due to the fact that we started conference play a week earlier. While the ACC takes a week off or has throwaway series such as Radford and North Dakota State in May, the SEC plays in conference from now on.
We'll see how it plays out. There are several SEC schools not playing as well as expected.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back