Bartow from 247 says Marcus Lewis has academic concerns.

Advertisement
Well, thankfully the staff has been proactive by already offering and heavily recruiting really talented CBs like Fenton, Arnette, and Dinson just in case anything unforeseen were to happen to our only premier CB target.

Oh wait...

Well, thankfully the staff has been proactive by already offering and heavily recruiting really talented CBs like Fenton, Arnette, and Dinson just in case anything unforeseen were to happen to our only premier CB target.

Oh wait...

This situation with Lewis should be even more reason why Fenton should have a committable offer. Should have had one to begin with. Jesus.

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure miami is well aware of what lewis academic status may be. They wouldn't be going this hard after him if they felt he wouldn't make it in....

Hope it doesn't get in the way. HUGE position of need.

No worries. Golden will just move Darrion Owens to cornerback, which is basically what he'll be playing next year anyway.

01 you on fire right now. The fact they havent recruited top shelf talent down here is the worst, but if lewis cant even qualify wtf does golden do? Personally id fire paul williams for letting the issue slip by and then be able to tell all the guys from fenton on down he was fired specifically for mishandling their recruitment and issue a at home offer and apology.

Advertisement
idk if his academic concerns are serious or not but this is just a general complaint: why can't these handlers teach some of these kids the value of an education and being somewhat respectable academically in hs?

Gonzaga High is not a joke academically. I understand he probably wasn't going there for academics, but I also can't believe he is in worse shape than public school kids from Dade and Broward.

What's so amazing about this is the vast majority of this board would agree Fenton should've been prioritized since Day 1. It'd be easier to feel better about our CB situation if we were to add both Lewis and Fenton. But now that there may be academic concerns surrounding our only premier CB target, we'd be left with absolutely nothing but two Golden/D'Onofrio/Williams camp finds at the position (Mayes and Jackson) in a two-year span. At this program. With this recruiting base.

Speaking of the camps, here's even more evidence that they're worthless and only causing further damage to this program. Forget that a bunch of the Golden camp commits from this class ended up decommitting. You have a kid like Damon Arnette, who fits this staff's desired CB profile to a T. He camped here a couple years ago and impressed at the SFE tryouts in the offseason. Our staff is so bad at evaluating that they never gave him a look. Meanwhile, he was one of the first players Jim Harbaugh offered after taking the Michigan job. Harbaugh visited Arnette for an in-home and is trying desperately to flip him from South Carolina. Ohio State is apparently coveting him as well.

You have a player like Arnette from STA being completely neglected, just like Fenton, Dinson, Causey, Hoggins, and a host of others at CB. It's beyond absurd.

Advertisement
More salt to the wound.....

Deandre Baker, Army All-American DB from Miami Northwestern..... Have people here who grew up with him and he was a Cane fan. Staff didn't even really bother.

image.jpg

lol you just got to laugh at stuff like this, there is no need to get mad i think AL Golden is trolling us real sh*t bra, Everybody comes to south fla for DBs and we go out of state ours lol you got to laugh...

lol you just got to laugh at stuff like this, there is no need to get mad i think AL Golden is trolling us real sh*t bra, Everybody comes to south fla for DBs and we go out of state ours lol you got to laugh...

Lewis good though... As is the Jackson kid from bama. Still will like to get one more corner along with those 2

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure miami is well aware of what lewis academic status may be. They wouldn't be going this hard after him if they felt he wouldn't make it in....

Not really. They went hard after Valentine and he couldn't even make into LSU.

Baker is a way better prospect than Mayes who was a questionable take from the very same school the previous year. Literally makes you think what are these guys doing in the recruitment and evaluation of some of these kids.

Baker on his way to UGA.

While we are stuck with only 5 CBs on scholarship.

Advertisement
Back