Barry Jackson with UM AD Blake James 3-1-18

We go to the orange bowl and you telling me we don't have the last million. Give me a break. School still being cheap and not seeing how much money is in football. Fork the cash over and get this thing done the right way
bruh the school isn't going to pay for **** when they can just get the money from donations. They don't NEED the last million yet, so whats the point in stepping in to kick in the last mil right now? it makes no sense.

some of yall retarded. What you think they're going to ******* leave a wall unbuilt because we didn't get the last money by march 1st?
they are going to get all the money in donations for the IPF they possibly can and sell as many office names, field names, etc as they can to do it.

Advertisement
Since Donna left he hasbuilt an indoor facility, hired a great football coach and has signed us to play some great games down the road.

As for the IPF...That wasn't Blake. That was a family coming forward and doing the donation. The family already was donating to the school (medical and some athletics) and it wasn't like Blake went out and secured this donation. You can say it happened under Blake's "watch". Just like you can say the basketball team is going to their 3rd Straight NCAAT under his watch but in reality, he has nothing to do with that either.

Last edited:
Since Donna left, and Blake’s been unshackled, he’s made nothing but right moves.

People are angry with blake because they feel he fired golden a season too late. They don’t wanna consider the fact that it was not his decision to make.

It wasn't him who fired Al Golden. It was Frenk. It was Frenk who pulled the trigger. It also came two seasons too late.

As for Blake and Donna.

Are you aware Donna "hired" him, right?

Are you aware that he literally fell into that gig?

This is how some things kind of work under Blake. But for things happening outside of his control, they don't happen.

1. AD leaves, he falls into the position.

2. Richt gets fired, he is hired as our coach. But for UGA firing Richt, who knows what would happen? Who knows if this was his hiring because it wasn't Blake who fired Golden.

3. Soffer family wants to donate money (and have been for awhile), we can build an IPF. What I mean is he didn't "land" this donation from nowhere. This was a family that has donated before..."Soffer is a lifelong champion of the University of Miami football program and athletics department, and an active member of the University community. Originally from Chicago, Soffer has been a Golden Cane Society donor for over 20 years and supported many Miami Athletics initiatives, most recently the Schwartz Center for Athletic Excellence project."

If this donation came out of nowhere (from a non-current donor) then sure, Blake would get more credit. In addition, Richt was really the guy here who got it done.

-----------------------------

Not that you're celebrating the Adidas deal but for those that do. Obviously it was better than our current deal. But was it a good deal?

We land 12 Year Deal with Adidas ($90 Million). Some time later, UL lands 10 Year Deal with Adidas ($160 Million).

UL was able to land a shorter deal and for more money. I know the deals are not purely cash deals, but UL is getting $16 Million per season in stuff. We're getting $7.5 Million per season in stuff. UL's deal is for twice as much "stuff" per season and a shorter contract.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...trike-12-year-merchandise-marketing-agreement

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...-adidas-apparel-contract-extension/600482001/

Last edited:
As for the IPF...That wasn't Blake. That was a family coming forward and doing the donation. The family already was donating to the school (medical and some athletics) and it wasn't like Blake went out and secured this donation. You can say it happened under Blake's "watch". Just like you can say the basketball team is going to their 3rd Straight NCAAT under his watch but in reality, he has nothing to do with that either.

You are 1000% wrong on the IPF.

Richt told Blake he wanted an IPF so Blake and his team went looking for the money to get it. I don’t know ever detail but basically they approached the Soffer family about the naming rights and after some smoozing they agreed. But before the Soffers agreed the fundraising campaign had already started and raised millions.

Kirby hired L so you are right on basketball. But basketball donations are also high and season tickets selling out so you can’t say Blake has zero to do with that.

You’re MO is to be negative about everything but you can’t sit there and say 15 great things have happened under Blake since Donna left but he doesn’t get credit for any of them.

Advertisement
You are 1000% wrong on the IPF.

Richt told Blake he wanted an IPF so Blake and his team went looking for the money to get it. I don’t know ever detail but basically they approached the Sopher family about the naming rights and after some smoozing they agreed. But before the Sophers agreed the fundraising campaign had already started and raised millions.

I still don't understand how what I said was wrong. I am saying outside forces came forward and did the deed. Richt too was EXTREMELY instrumental in the process. But again, outside forces came in and did it.

As for Blake going out and "smoozing"...this is a family that has been donating for a LONG TIME.

Soffer is a lifelong champion of the University of Miami football program and athletics department, and an active member of the University community. Originally from Chicago, Soffer has been a Golden Cane Society donor for over 20 years and supported many Miami Athletics initiatives, most recently the Schwartz Center for Athletic Excellence project.

You’re MO is to be negative about everything but you can’t sit there and say 15 great things have happened under Blake since Donna left but he doesn’t get credit for any of them.

Negative about "everything". Hyperbole? If you don't like my opinion, cool. Thanks for keeping track of my posts.

Now back to the actual conversation. It depends how you define "great" also BTW.

I respect certain things that have happened under Blake's "watch". Certain things were good. There are also bad things.

As for where I come from, since I enrolled and graduated from UM, I have learned a lot about how NOT to do things. I see similar things being done and I speak up when I see as such. This doesn't mean I am right. I have been ******* wrong before and I will be wrong again. I am not a blind homer either.

Last edited:
I still don't understand how what I said was wrong. I am saying outside forces came forward and did the deed. Richt too was EXTREMELY instrumental in the process. But again, outside forces came in and did it.

As for Blake going out and "smoozing"...this is a family that has been donating for a LONG TIME.

Soffer is a lifelong champion of the University of Miami football program and athletics department, and an active member of the University community. Originally from Chicago, Soffer has been a Golden Cane Society donor for over 20 years and supported many Miami Athletics initiatives, most recently the Schwartz Center for Athletic Excellence project.

If you want to criticize Blake, fine, but this is pretty much of the dumbest things you have ever posted here.

Let me get this right. You're criticizing him for going to “outside forces”, a current donor, to donate the lion’s share of a badly needed $30 million IPF that Richt was rightly demanding? And of using his assets, like Richt, in his campaign to secure the funds?

That’s kind of exactly what he was supposed to do, and exactly how he was supposed to do it, assuming it happened as you said. That’s textbook in securing donations for a program, you go to your established donor base. You’re actually giving him credit in your argument against him.

Not your finest moment.

You must not have been captain of the debate club, nor a real life consigliere. So disappointing.

It's not "wrong", you're just describing the actual job of an AD, so we're just not sure what your point is.

Advertisement
That’s kind of exactly what he was supposed to do, and exactly how he was supposed to do it, assuming it happened as you said. That’s textbook in securing donations for a program, you go to your established donor base. You’re actually giving him credit in your argument against him.

Not your finest moment.

You must not have been captain of the debate club, nor a real life consigliere. So disappointing.

Not my point. Captain of the Debate Club, you can do better...I hope.

If you want to criticize Blake, fine, but this is pretty much of the dumbest things you have ever posted here.

Can you clean this sentence up so it makes sense?

It's not "wrong", you're just describing the actual job of an AD, so we're just not sure what your point is.

Forget about the donation for a second, I don't think it was Blake that pushed this through and really got us the IPF.

I really think others were more instrumental (i.e. Richt). Now if you want to say Blake is the AD and it happened under his "watch" and because it happened under his "watch" he deserves the credit...fine with me.

Not my point. Captain of the Debate Club, you can do better...I hope.

Can you clean this sentence up so it makes sense?

“pretty much one of the dumbest things....”

You know I just missed a word there.

You stepped on your own **** trying to criticize Blake. I know you regret this post. It’s like, hey, let me talk tome shlt about Blake, and you went on autopilot. Really bad. Do better.

Let me help.

Since from a performance standpoint the last couple of years have been pretty good for Blake, you can go after his appearance, or his subpar media presence.

I’ve given you a boost, you can get the rest of the way there yourself, if you like.

“pretty much one of the dumbest things....”

You know I just missed a word there.

You stepped on your own **** trying to criticize Blake. I know you regret this post. It’s like, hey, let me talk tome shlt about Blake, and you went on autopilot. Really bad. Do better.

Let me help.

Thank you for clearing it up. What was the second dumbest thing I said? Third? Maybe you might know but did I ever say something that wasn't dumb?

Debate club first, then not a consigliere and now stepping on my own ****, another good one. Now you're a mind reader and you think I "regret" my post. I look forward to what may come next.

Since from a performance standpoint the last couple of years have been pretty good for Blake, you can go after his appearance, or his subpar media presence.

I’ve given you a boost, you can get the rest of the way there yourself if you like.

Thanks for the boost, you're very considerate.

I have already posted in this thread, besides the post you responded to, about Blake. You're free to read those and come up with a response. If not, you can tease me about losing an election for 5th Grade VP. Second place is the first loser, am I right?

Advertisement
Forget about the donation for a second, I don't think it was Blake that pushed this through and really got us the IPF.

I really think others were more instrumental (i.e. Richt). Now if you want to say Blake is the AD and it happened under his "watch" and because it happened under his "watch" he deserves the credit...fine with me.

That's what I want to say. =)

Advertisement
I used to be all aboard the **** blake james train. Then he ****canned Goldeb mid season. Should it or could it have happened earlier? Absolutely. But he did it. He didn't let Fat Al finish out the season and build a little momentum and win 8 games or some bull****. He ****canned him midseason. Then he gets Richt. Blake is good. He would be GREAT, however, if he says kick rocks to DiMare after Morris leaves and hires a proven winner to fix el beisbol.

Unbelievable how far baseball has fallen here! Legitimately BAD team right now...

Baseball is the black eye, specially in a very baseball rich recruiting area. FIU (with a good coach) and FAU seem to be doing better recently, baseball has been our legacy for ever and winning National championships and going to Omaha was normal. Clearly attention must be provided here. This is now a concern.

Advertisement
Back