Barry Jackson, UM commitments explain keys to Canes' recruit

Poor Sony, Mark Richt has done a **** of a job brain washing the kid. UGA with a bigger Fan base? I know it's easy to make a correlation between attendance and fan base size but that couldn't be farther from the truth. UGA has better attendance but when it comes to the size of the fan base it's not even close. Even at 6-7 we are one of the premier TV draws in the country. According to a study in 2007 we were the 4th most watched college team in NYC the nations largest media market. The U has fans everywhere. UGA only has fans in GA. I went to Jamaica and Jamaicans were yelling "THE U, THE U" when they found out I was from Miami. The ppl next to me said they were from AL, and the Jamaicans asked "Where is that?" (lol). There is only 1 U, 1 Hurricanes, **** UGA isn't even the only Bulldogs in their conference. They are weak and generic, there are at least 5 other teams whose primary colors are Red and Black. These kids can make their own decisions, and we'll be GREAT without him. But at least get the facts str8 about why you choose the school.

Secondly it's the poor design of SUN Life stadium that makes the crowd look smaller. The OB averaged the same amount of ppl but the Horseshoe shape is more forgiving to that size of crowd. Our average attendance puts us in the middle of the pack for overall attendance of D-1 schools. But there is this great misconception that we can't draw for games because we don't have 75,000 fans there. One thing ppl don't realize that helps these other places. Is location of the away school from the Venue. FSU is the closest opponent we play and they are 8 hours away. How many students/opposing fans are making road trips from North Carolina for the game or VA or Pitt. That would account for an additional 15k-20k additional fans in the stadium. giving it a "fuller" appearance.

Last edited:
Advertisement
uga for last 25 years is a preseason top 5-10 team with all these awards candidates then lose 3-4 games every year like clock work.

The Heat never used to sell out their games until they started winning either. Win and they will come, the recruits, the fans, all of them.

You are dead wrong I have been attending games since 1963 and unless weplay a big name team we NEVER sellout. We won 58 straight at home with 13 sellouts Miami will never fill the stadium so don't sweat it

I think Dead Wrong is reaching a bit, no? I am less concerned with sellouts, but moreso about filling up the stadium and when this team wins and is in title contention the stadium fills up, which was the point I was making. We start winning and we will get the crowds. Miami will never draw a huge crowd for NorthEastern Witchita Valley Technical Institute in 100 degree weather but Miami fans in general are exceedingly more likely to go out and support a winner. ****, they even showed up in droves to watch the Marlins and Panthers when they actually pretended to be professional franchises way back when. We can easily average 60-70K in a stadium with a 76K capacity if we win like we are supposed to. It ain't a sell out but it'll do the trick.

Advertisement
Back