Barry Jackson 's: Buzz

CaneCounty

Senior
### UM’s linebackers --– who face a huge test at Georgia Tech --- also have exceeded modest expectations, beyond top defender Denzel Perryman. Thurston Armbrister’s combined sacks (four) and forced fumbles (two) are fourth nationally; Raphael Kirby comes off the best game of his career, and coaches love the improvement of Jermaine Grace and long, physical freshman Darrion Owens.

### Enamored with his skills, UM wants to keep expanding Joe Yearby’s role in the offense, including more packages where he plays with Duke Johnson. UM coaches compare Yearby to Clinton Portis and Warrick Dunn. They’re also especially bullish on Canes running back commitments Jordan Scarlett (averaging 5.2 yards per carry for St. Thomas Aquinas) and Booker T. Washington’s Mark Walton (7.9).

### And another skilled quarterback is on the way to compete to back up Brad Kaaya: 2015 oral commitment Dwayne Lawson threw for 279 yards and ran for 119, with a role in four touchdowns, in Tampa Hillsborough’s most recent game.… Privately, UM coaches are very worried about the loss of right tackle Taylor Gadbois, who had started to play as well as anybody on the line, coupled with Kc McDermott’s injury, too. UM had finally found the right buttons to push with Gadbois when he went down last week.

### UM won't get Plantation American Heritage five-star cornerback Tarvarus McFadden, who's down to Georgia, FSU and LSU, according to colleage Safid Deen, who has more on a post on our high-school sports blog.

### We've heard positive feedback on how freshman defensive lineman Anthony Moten has come on the past two weeks; he played early fourth quarter snaps against Duke. But because of the challenges of defending Georgia Tech's triple option offense, the UM staff might be cautious in how much it uses some of the freshman backups.... Defensive end Chad Thomas' limited playing time last week was the result of him coming off back spasms, not disappointment in his play.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...se-fernandez-nbc-6-changes.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
That really does suck about Gadbois and KC. He's right Gadbois had really stepped it up after doing his best J.Ina impression at Louisville.

So now that the Kehoe shuffle is in full effect what can we expect in terms of a starting five? Feliciano to RT? Who plays LG? Darling? I seriously doubt Odogwu is ready for any meaningful PT.

Advertisement
What was the news on Gadbois? Obviously I know that he went down in the Duke game but what is the prognosis?

I believe it was an MCL and they hope to have him back for VT. Kid has a mean streak ans was finally starting to play well, going to be a big loss.

That really does suck about Gadbois and KC. He's right Gadbois had really stepped it up after doing his best J.Ina impression at Louisville.

So now that the Kehoe shuffle is in full effect what can we expect in terms of a starting five? Feliciano to RT? Who plays LG? Darling? I seriously doubt Odogwu is ready for any meaningful PT.

Any and every J Ina reference is appreciated.

Sad thing is...most people on this board don't even know who J Ina is.

Advertisement

Sad thing is...most people on this board don't even know who J Ina is.

I've tried to forget.

These writers are sad and lazy. Anyone that follows the Canes could have provided that buzz.

### UM won't get Plantation American Heritage five-star cornerback Tarvarus McFadden, who's down to Georgia, FSU and LSU, according to colleage Safid Deen, who has more on a post on our high-school sports blog.

Hard hitting breaking news there, Safid. Thanks.
in his defense, his readership is generally not recruiting freaks like many of us.

Advertisement

in his defense, his readership is generally not recruiting freaks like many of us.

He has readership?
Well, sarcastic and weak attempt at humor as you may be trying here, yes. You're in this thread aren't you?

Advertisement

If you don't follow recruiting, then you probably don't know who McFadden is or care about him. So he's writing to an audience that either already knows what he's writing or doesn't care.

He has readership?
Well, sarcastic and weak attempt at humor as you may be trying here, yes. You're in this thread aren't you?

How does reading a thread on CIS which the post references Safid indicate I am part of Safid's readership?

Advertisement
Back