Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald quick notes on the game

canefrank

Redshirt Freshman
Can't copy and paste so some notes:

Barry Jackson Miami Herald 9-15-18
  • Canes fans must accept that they’re not going to get any perfection with Rosier. You’re going to get errant throws and plays left on the field. But Canes fans should not fret about that on a day when Rosier made a bunch of big plays and converted several key third downs with pinpoint throws Rosier made a bunch of big plays and converted several key third downs with pinpoint throws 13 for 23 for 205 yards in the air and 8 for 80 on the ground. Most importantly, no interceptions.
  • Jeff Thomas is UM’s most explosive weapon but perhaps the most dynamic player in South Florida sports
  • Neither of UM’s freshmen tight ends caught a pass and Brian Hightower (1 for 8) was the only freshman receiver with a reception
  • At the moment, Bandy is UM’s best cornerback – even better than Michael Jackson, who allowed 31- and 34-yard completions Saturday
  • UM got its entire second-team offensive line in the game, and keep an eye on D.J. Scaife, who’s able to play either tackle position
  • Amari Carter missed the game because of a death in the family
  • Don’t dismiss this win, not in an era where Samford leads FSU deep into the fourth and Troy beats Nebraska.
  • UM should be favored by a significant margin its next three games, all at home – FIU, North Carolina and reeling FSU. UM then has road games at Virginia and Boston College

Advertisement
I was wondering what happened to Carter. We missed him out there. My sympathies and best wishes for his family.

Jackson was covering an exceptional WR, their #1 with weak safety support once Johnson was knocked out of the game. Bandy's awesome, but going up against the #2 guy is by definition an easier assignment.

Advertisement
WTF are we going to do if JJ is out for an extended period... **** makes my ******** pucker thinking about Robert Knowles starting at FS

I was wondering what happened to Carter. We missed him out there. My sympathies and best wishes for his family.

Jackson was covering an exceptional WR, their #1 with weak safety support once Johnson was knocked out of the game. Bandy's awesome, but going up against the #2 guy is by definition an easier assignment.
their 1 and 2 are very close..in fact they each set records for their squad. Bandy is the ****, make no mistake.. amazing instincts.

Can't copy and paste so some notes:

Barry Jackson Miami Herald 9-15-18
  • Canes fans must accept that they’re not going to get any perfection with Rosier. You’re going to get errant throws and plays left on the field. But Canes fans should not fret about that on a day when Rosier made a bunch of big plays and converted several key third downs with pinpoint throws Rosier made a bunch of big plays and converted several key third downs with pinpoint throws 13 for 23 for 205 yards in the air and 8 for 80 on the ground. Most importantly, no interceptions.
  • Jeff Thomas is UM’s most explosive weapon but perhaps the most dynamic player in South Florida sports
  • Neither of UM’s freshmen tight ends caught a pass and Brian Hightower (1 for 8) was the only freshman receiver with a reception
  • At the moment, Bandy is UM’s best cornerback – even better than Michael Jackson, who allowed 31- and 34-yard completions Saturday
  • UM got its entire second-team offensive line in the game, and keep an eye on D.J. Scaife, who’s able to play either tackle position
  • Amari Carter missed the game because of a death in the family
  • Don’t dismiss this win, not in an era where Samford leads FSU deep into the fourth and Troy beats Nebraska.
  • UM should be favored by a significant margin its next three games, all at home – FIU, North Carolina and reeling FSU. UM then has road games at Virginia and Boston College
Good find.

Advertisement
Our safety play os average to terrible. They take so many terrible angles. Look at the play where Bandy slipped and Redwine ran right into him and fell over and the guy scored. Its like he never heard of the term leverage the football. We need the underclassmen bad

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was driving from New Orleans listening to the game. When I heard Johnson got hurt and Carter was not playing I didn't think much. When I heard Knowles go into the game I thought Toledo is gonna score here and be back in this game. **** it if I was right. Get him the **** out.

I was driving from New Orleans listening to the game. When I heard Johnson got hurt and Carter was not playing I didn't think much. When I heard Knowles go into the game I thought Toledo is gonna score here and be back in this game. **** it if I was right. Get him the **** out.

He looks lost and tiny out there. Toledo saw him come in and exploited him immediately. ... Good ST contributor. Needs to focus on that, because he just can't be in on defense except in garbage time ever again.

That Johnson guy is elite. Jackson couldn't cover him and that move on Bandy and Redwine was insane. Overall our boys will be fine. We won't face a better group of receivers the rest of the year.

Advertisement
Back