Barry Jackson Canes Nuggets

Who is number 4 at safety? That’s the scary part. We still lack depth at multiple positions. Safety we have 3 guys, OL we hope we even have 6 guys. DT we have 4 maybe.
Keonta smith or Derrick smith, might see Romeo Finley as an emergency safety as he worked there some this spring. Frierson is primed to take over striker and looked impactful in the spring

Advertisement
Keonta smith or Derrick smith, might see Romeo Finley as an emergency safety as he worked there some this spring. Frierson is primed to take over striker and looked impactful in the spring

Finely needs to stay at Striker he has played well there. I don’t know what to think of Smith. I think he was the one player who went backwards last year. A man without a position right now. I’m hoping Keontra can pickup the defense quickly and be the number 4

Finely needs to stay at Striker he has played well there. I don’t know what to think of Smith. I think he was the one player who went backwards last year. A man without a position right now. I’m hoping Keontra can pickup the defense quickly and be the number 4
Yeah I’m high on keontra to take over what essentially Jaquan provided but the ability to eventually be able to do more due to his excellent athletic profile

Advertisement
Gotta say I did NOT think Camron was going to be all that good here. If Lingard isn't healthy I think Camron should probably be the starter.

Man at the Skill positions on offense we have so much talent. Oline and one Qb has to step the **** up.
Like Brock said, not at all clear that it won't be Lingard having to try to take the starter's job away from Cam.

After watching vids of Feeley training kids on YouTube at Temple and Ball State I knew we got a gem. Dude brings intelligence, intensity, and fun all together in the weight room. Have zero concerns of our guys physically against the turds on August 24th or throughout the season.

Advertisement
Not really

"One UM official who observed spring practices noted that Tate Martell – besides being the most mobile of the three contenders for the job — is also the most intense."

I said before the first day of practice that Manny wants 3 things in a QB:

1. Leadership- qb has to have a coach's intensity and presence in the huddle
2. Mobility- as a DC, Manny knows that Mobile QBs are a nightmare to defenses
3. No turnovers- in the next paragraph it talks about Tate chewing out a player for fumbling. Manny knows the D will carry the team, he needs a QB who won't give the opponent a short field

I think Martell is the only one who checks all the boxes. I don't think Perry has the leadership traits necessary based on his BangBus appearance in the offseason.

"One UM official who observed spring practices noted that Tate Martell – besides being the most mobile of the three contenders for the job — is also the most intense."

3. No turnovers- in the next paragraph it talks about Tate chewing out a player for fumbling. Manny knows the D will carry the team, he needs a QB who won't give the opponent a short field

I think Martell is the only one who checks all the boxes. I don't think Perry has the leadership traits necessary based on his BangBus appearance in the offseason.

L

O

L

There’s a quote that he’s “intense”, so the job is his?

If he ends up being the starting quarterback, it’s because he’s out-worked, out-learned and out-performed the other two. Not because of some quote saying he is “intense“.

You are engaging in wishful thinking, which is your right, nobody would deny you that.

But in the real world, you have to prove and perform before you are anointed.

It could’ve very well be him, or it could be one of the other two. There’s a whole off-season and the summer and fall practice to go. Let’s see where this stands the second week in August.

Advertisement
Don't know who the starter will be, but I can tell you that Tate can't see the middle of the field well or throw there. He has very limited vision IMO from what I saw in Orlando.

Might be a problem but IMHO, Diaz will take a less accurate qb who meets the 3 criteria over a more accurate one. I think his comfort with throwing to the middle of the field will increase as he gets more time in the offense. You would know better than me if his issue is that he literally can't see the middle (because of his stature) or its that he wasn't going to throw over the middle because he isn't comfortable with it yet.

4. Accuracy???

Advertisement
Keep Sleeping on him...I hear everybody's name but his....Watch and see...

Advertisement
Back