Barry Jackson Canes Nuggets

Advertisement
Great news that the guys are taking the Summer serious. Martell isn't going quietly into the night as I think he is one of those kids who thrives in the offseason when no one is watching.

That position battle at Safety is going to be great to watch. As one poster said, when you watch the Netflix doc on Martell....you cant help but notice Bolden flying around making plays too. He just looks like a UM safety. Hall too. Those are the two I want to roll with. Bolden/Hall.

I’ll take any combination of Hall/Bolden/Carter at safety and truly believe we’ll be in great hands with 2/3 starting and the other playing significant minutes. All three can crack skulls and become enforcers on the defense setting the tone for the violence and aggression we need to play at to keep the defense in the Top 10 for the season and help our newly minted offense out with field position. Look for the TO chain to make an early and often appearance in games this season ala 2017.

Advertisement
from an S&C perspective we have been weak on both LOS since B.Davis S&C guy Moffett went to LSU.
if Feeley is as good as advertised we will be ok. still remains to be seen if we can match the elite 6-8 programs
on S&C level Bama, Clemson , UGA etc.........

Killa Cam was a 4-star RB from CC, never doubt Dade RB's at The U.

It’s amazing how many people are surprised by Cam stuff. As you stated he was a 4 star and showed a ton of natural RB ability. I think he is a better RB than Lo. Lo has the speed but doesn’t show the cutting and natural RB agility that Cam has.

It’s amazing how many people are surprised by Cam stuff. As you stated he was a 4 star and showed a ton of natural RB ability. I think he is a better RB than Lo. Lo has the speed but doesn’t show the cutting and natural RB agility that Cam has.
We still haven’t seen what lingard can do fully to have a definitive answer of who’s better. Regardless it’s a good “problem” to have as they can potentially form an elite tandem. I loved Cam Davis coming out of highschool too but he didn’t show the elusiveness in his highschool film like he has when he got in the games late last year and what he’s shown this spring. He’s more elusive than deejay Dallas that’s for sure.

And what are we basing lingard doesn’t show the cutting and natural rb ability off of exactly outside of a few fans comments that’s been repeated? I’m not saying he’s a perfect rb prospect but people assume he can’t because he came from a non traditional offense, but so did Todd gurley. That’s a mistake to just assume that honestly.

No way anyway can determine that off a handful of his carries last year imo. Let’s let it play out. He’s back running without the brace so I assume he’s going to be full go come August

And oh, cam Harris will be starting game 1 imo over Dallas. He should be at least🤷🏾‍♂️

Last edited:
Advertisement
from an S&C perspective we have been weak on both LOS since B.Davis S&C guy Moffett went to LSU.
if Feeley is as good as advertised we will be ok. still remains to be seen if we can match the elite 6-8 programs
on S&C level Bama, Clemson , UGA etc.........
We've got to croot them and get them here first. That said, this team is going to look, feel, act, play way more efficiently than a year ago, and it will get even better year 2. Best S&C we've had since TM.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here you go Rev.....

One UM official who observed spring practices noted that Tate Martell – besides being the most mobile of the three contenders for the job — is also the most intense.

Martell got very upset one time when Wiggins fumbled, though he didn’t do anything over-the-top in his reaction. UM wants its quarterback to have the mind of a coach, and Martell fills that bill. (Not to say the others don’t, but Martell definitely does.)

I’ll take any combination of Hall/Bolden/Carter at safety and truly believe we’ll be in great hands with 2/3 starting and the other playing significant minutes. All three can crack skulls and become enforcers on the defense setting the tone for the violence and aggression we need to play at to keep the defense in the Top 10 for the season and help our newly minted offense out with field position. Look for the TO chain to make an early and often appearance in games this season ala 2017.

Who is number 4 at safety? That’s the scary part. We still lack depth at multiple positions. Safety we have 3 guys, OL we hope we even have 6 guys. DT we have 4 maybe.

It’s time for amari carter, we lost so much experience on the back end, we need smart safety play to limit the explosive plays

Advertisement
Back