Barry Jackson article

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Chubba Purdy is actually a pretty good QB, 6'2 200lbs 3-star Dual-threat & Dual sport kid that plays both Football & Baseball. From a out of Gilbert Arizona, plays for a good 7A school Perry (lol), they're the 2nd best team in AZ behind Chandler High.

In his first season starting as a Junior he had 3,425yds 36TD's & 10INT's with 1,156yds rushing & 23TD's.
Has an absolute cannon for an arm & throws a nice deep ball.

Holds offers from AZ St, Cal, Boise St & Fresno St & if you know anything about the OC's on those teams they know how to recruit & develop a QB to fit their offense.

Advertisement
Chubba Purdy is actually a pretty good QB, 6'2 200lbs 3-star Dual-threat & Dual sport kid that plays both Football & Baseball. From a out of Gilbert Arizona, plays for a good 7A school Perry (lol), they're the 2nd best team in AZ behind Chandler High.

In his first season starting as a Junior he had 3,425yds 36TD's & 10INT's with 1,156yds rushing & 23TD's.
Has an absolute cannon for an arm & throws a nice deep ball.

Holds offers from AZ St, Cal, Boise St & Fresno St & if you know anything about the OC's on those teams they know how to recruit & develop a QB to fit their offense.

Perry plays good comp. I would put Centennial or Saguaro as the 2nd best team in the state though. Crazy to see how Chandler overtook Hamilton. They traditionally always played second fiddle until Hamilton got caught up now Chandler is ballin. On a side note ASU just hired Chandler’s head coach onto their staff yesterday. Could factor into his recruitment as Chandler and Gilbert are neighboring towns.

Advertisement
Perry plays good comp. I would put Centennial or Saguaro as the 2nd best team in the state though. Crazy to see how Chandler overtook Hamilton. They traditionally always played second fiddle until Hamilton got caught up now Chandler is ballin. On a side note ASU just hired Chandler’s head coach onto their staff yesterday. Could factor into his recruitment as Chandler and Gilbert are neighboring towns.
That's too bad I'd hate to lose out on Chubba Purdy.

Coach Aguano is one of the best HS coaches in the country, he's an offensive innovator & it was only a matter of time before he made his way to coaching college. Todd Graham tried to hire him previously at AZ st as we'll but he initially turned them down, but I guess Herm Edwards was more convincing lol.

And yeah you're right about Centennial HS they're a really good school as well, they almost went undefeated this year they even beat Bishop Gorman, but they basically steamroll every team they play.

The state of AZ is producing some really good upcoming QB's with the offensive systems they're running in HS, Spencer Rattler the next big time Oklahoma QB went to Pinnacle in Phoenix & a kid that's a sleeper who's gonna pop up in a few years in college is Jacob Conover who committed to BYU he went Chandler, kid's got a great arm.

He gets knocked down, but gets up again.

miniGif_20190111053858.gif

Advertisement
Back