Barry Jackson 4-5 Notes

Feeling good about CBs, still unsure about safety.

At CB, I like the MJ, Dean, Bandy trio with Ivey, Gil and whomever else filling the void. Safety still remains a question mark, imo, with redwine back there. Eventually, having an average athlete back there is limiting in some ways,

Advertisement
Best part about that article is no mention of Knowles. I’m sure he’s a nice guy though. Can’t wait to see Blades Jr. on the field.

I don’t get why y’all are more fine wth CB than Safety. We have 2 guys with experience at CB. Ivey, Gil are talented but still Frosh. At Safety we have 6 guys that played last year. JJ is an all American, Redwine, Carter and Smith( If needed) all played a lot. and worse case scenario Finley and Knowles. Safety isn’t an issue IMO

I can’t really predict in detail what will happen in the LSU game, but as far as the spring game, I wouldn’t be putting that much emphasis on it for any of the quarterbacks, because in the long run I don’t think it’s going to make that much of a difference.

Remember there are going to be at least 5-6 more scrimmages, if not more. There’s still many more spring and summer/fall practices and scrimmages to go.

People just generally tend to freak out over one spring scrimmage, and it makes zero sense. Don’t fall into the trap. The first spring scrimmage is just to get the cobwebs out.
You are right on that. There will be many more scrimmages that the coaching staff will evaluate. It's big deal to the fans because it's at THE ROCK and it will be the first opportunity for the fans to see the competition up close.

I feel like Barry Jackson does a good job of passing basic info on to casual fans but his articles rarely, if ever have any inside information that us hard core fans are dying for.

Advertisement
Qb won't be decided until the fall. The young guys just need the spring to get reps in the offense.

Feeling good about CBs, still unsure about safety.

At CB, I like the MJ, Dean, Bandy trio with Ivey, Gil and whomever else filling the void. Safety still remains a question mark, imo, with redwine back there. Eventually, having an average athlete back there is limiting in some ways,

Ummm your cool with Dean??. The play that sticks out like a sore thumb from last season was him sh*tting his pants with the one pas sthrown his way....

Im wayyyy more confident in our safety play with Jaquan Johnson and Redwine. Think about this....had we had a legit safety ...our starting cbs currently would be Redwine and Mike Jack. He aint that avg of an athlete. Another year in the back end he likely is more confident. Our cbs are definately for the take in the pass game other than Thriller.

Best part about that article is no mention of Knowles. I’m sure he’s a nice guy though. Can’t wait to see Blades Jr. on the field.

Blades Jr to me should shirt. He aint on the level of the other dbs we signed.

I feel like Barry Jackson does a good job of passing basic info on to casual fans but his articles rarely, if ever have any inside information that us hard core fans are dying for.

That’s it exactly. If you’re just a casual fan, like really casual, he’s the Ultra Lite of reporters. Well, the mainstream reporters pretty much all are with the exception of Matt Porter. He’s the only one that delves in and goes into much detail, as unlikeable and off putting as he is to me, I’ll give him that he really gets in there more than the other newspapers. The rest are like really no taste super Lite beer.

Advertisement
Blades Jr to me should shirt. He aint on the level of the other dbs we signed.
Better than bethel at db
Maybe. Maybe not.

How about we see him in some practices first?
especially at the college level, we have seen him shut down elite receivers at all of these camps. Let’s see what he does in college because he has the physical tools and size to succeed. Rumph can coach him up that’s for sure

I like that we keeping hearing good things about Simpson

That comment was the thing that hit me the most. We haven't heard a lot - a few mentions by some of the linemen - and so far, everyone is very, very pleased with him, his coaching, his teaching, and his effectiveness.

Sounds so far like he's a considerable improvement over Kool - as though that was even a possibility in the minds of many.

Advertisement
Possibility but I’m just excited to see the name again.

He ain't on the level.... but hasn't arrived to make that determination??

Why do we want players good enough to play to redshirt so bad when we have no depth at their position??

Bethel and Blades both are going to play and they should.

Advertisement
A starter won't be named until last week in the fall. Rosier will transfer out if he is named the back-up now or early summer. If NKosi wins QB position, we need Rosier as a solid back-up in case of injury, etc. Weldon seems like is behind and Williams should redshirt

He did also mention though that the players have been raving about him also. Which is positive. That statement would not have been included in his standard positive answer if it wasn't true. With the DL, keep em happy and keep em hungry and guys will want to play here.
For all I know, everything that Diaz said about Simpson is true. In fact, I would be shocked if it wasn't. The point, was/is as much as I love the Simpson hire, I am not putting weight into what coaches or players are saying about him with him just being a few weeks into the job.

Advertisement
Back