Barry Jackon's Sports Buzz

We were ready to play. We came out smoking. Then the field flipped and they go with the wind and they got 17 points. We battled back to 17-14 without with the wind, and I’m saying, ‘We’re going to win the game...

what-in-the.gif

Advertisement
We managed to hold SC to 2.3 ypc and 2.7 ypc in the same game? impressive....were we playing two teams at the same time?

Advertisement
So they just got 17 points AL??
Just like that...just by switching sides on the field they were awarded 17 points....nothing to do with your defense.

Advertisement
Can we get a list of other head coaches from power-5 conferences who lost their last 4 games and still have jobs? Did they also lose 4 of the last 6 last year? Way to finish strong , Al.

Advertisement
I'm just so amazed as to how badly our Dbs are coached. Sun Belt squads are coached better!! This is the biggest pet peeve I have with Golden.

"And as usual, you’re left with the same conclusion: That the whole is somehow less than the sum of its parts"

To me, this is the most telling part of the article and the best I have seen anyone say it. It's pretty obvious, but it does a good job of putting the problem in perspective: a good coach takes a team and makes it better than the sum of its parts; Golden is doing the complete opposite. He and his staff are taking a good team and making it worse than its individual pieces. It sucks so much that we have to sit here and hope that in 20 months we might have a team that is being led by a competent coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back