Barry J. article on Canes D

Advertisement
Jennings and Steed are two guys I am starting to give up on and frankly if Huff and Brooks and Cave are as good as advertised they will both probably be better suited to transfer after this coming season. Good kids who just didn't have any luck. But we have some young stallions waiting in the stable and if the light comes on for them at any point this season I don't see any PT for the older regime. (Jennings, Steed maybe even Joyner)

The safety group will be fun to watch but I was hoping Bolden would be good to go by Monday. He missed all of last Spring and Fall. He needs as many reps as possible. And I aint talking mental reps either. He has enough of those. I want Bolden and Hall to have as much chemistry as possible as they are the duo we all want to see together come Sept.

It will be tough for them to keep Miller out of the starting lineup if he keeps his current trajectory. Ford is safe because he is a big time run stopper even though he lacks pass rush ability. People hated on Ford last year but he cleaned up a lot of **** for Bethel in the run game. He is the second most underrated player on our D behind Finley last year. Nesta is the one who needs to watch out for Miller IMO.

Advertisement
I definitely thought Bolden would be back before spring started.
To me this is very concerning. If he just had a very bad sprained ankle he would have been back by now. Theres more to this I feel and I dont like it. That kid was coming on strong before that dam injury. Lets all pray he can fully recover from it.

I don’t like the quality of recruiting at LB, but I wonder how we’re supposed to recruit around a freak spate of injuries at that position. It’s pretty tough to predict injuries and sign in anticipation of them at every spot when limited to 25 counters. Even the guys we signed this year came in defective.

One of our biggest issues has been attrition and awful misses at CB. We’re razor thin there, and it’s not because of injuries.

Advertisement
2017 - Wilder, Steed, Jennings
2018 - None
2019 - Huff, Brooks
2020 - Austin-Cave, Flagg

- Richt not even recruiting any LB's in 2018 was a total failure in roster management
- Even if you like all these guys potential - Miami getting only one 4 Star (Huff) guy at any position group over a 4 year period is inexcusable
Joyner 2018.
He is a lber so you can count him as one. We have 9 guys to play 2 lber positions as we run with a striker 100% of the time.

To me this is very concerning. If he just had a very bad sprained ankle he would have been back by now. Theres more to this I feel and I dont like it. That kid was coming on strong before that dam injury. Lets all pray he can fully recover from it.

Bolden hadsurgery on the ankle. It wasn’t just a sprain.
Manny said he should be available during spring ball- no specific date but they anticipated him getting soMe reps

We have 77 ‘ship players. Joke. Add another 5-7 that don’t belong on the team and it’s about 70. This is the MONEY year for Diaz! Weak *** schedule that has to yield 10 wins or more to then sign a full class of 25 HS Seniors ranked in the top 10. It’s monumentally important success on the field results or expect further mediocrity from the football program.

Advertisement
****, our LBs are the walking wounded. Steed still recovering, Brooks injured, Joyner returning from injury, Jennings injured, Cave and Flagg injured. We will be using PWOs all spring ball for second team and third team.

Didn't Wayne's fam post on here recently that he's good to go? Where did you get that he's still recovering?

Advertisement
Back