Barry Article on Rosier (mechanics)

Rosier broke records with poor mechanics. I don’t think any of the two things mentioned are an indictment. He never believed he would have a chance at being a starting QB here so he never took it seriously until last year.

Btw the difference between 54% and 60% could just be 2 incomplete passes per game. Qb percentage is an overblown topic on this board.

Not if half of the completions were on third down and in the redzone.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The guy wasn't perfect, but your comment was ridiculous. He's nowhere close to the worse QB we've had. You need to go watch Brock Berlin in 03, Kirby Freeman's NC St performance (1-14 84 yd 1 TD 3 INT), or Kyle Wright. Frank Costa was holding a championship D back.

This is the worse...

In 2007, NC State and Miami played a stupid, terrible, incredible football game
costa would have won a NC for this program if our defense didnt let Tommy Frazier make a second half comeback

The main factor of accuracy is not 2 more completions per game ... it's putting the ball in the right spot to allow YAC. More plays like AR had vs WV in the bowl game. Hit someone in stride and our receiving Corp will do the rest.

Advertisement
Rosier broke records with poor mechanics. I don’t think any of the two things mentioned are an indictment. He never believed he would have a chance at being a starting QB here so he never took it seriously until last year.

Btw the difference between 54% and 60% could just be 2 incomplete passes per game. Qb percentage is an overblown topic on this board.
If you plug in the college rating for QBs ,the stat that seems to have the most weight is yds/ attp and not so much comp %.

10 for 20 (50%) for 200yds gets you a 134 rating
14 for 20 (70%) for 150yds gets you a 133 rating

Actually Kaaya's 2016 season compares favorably to any QB we've ever had statistically. Only Ken Dorsey and Vinny had a season with a higher QB rating (150.3) and they were on top 3 teams. Secondly, he did it with a pathetic OL. He was literally getting killed in the 4 game losing streak.

62% 3532 yds 27 TD 7 INT
You don't see the lack of mobility in those stats. He just couldn't run for a 1st if his life depended on it. Maybe the slowest QB to ever step on a college field (no hyperbole)

WTF next he will walk on water. Players in highschool see QB guru's all the time now these days. People are reaching to find hope. What's with the insanity he is what he is not highly recruited and in 5 yrs leaves me scratching my head on why people who really know football are drinking the Kool aid. Kaaya and Morris any day.
Kaaya and Morris are gone. You might want to get with Rosier one more year.

Advertisement
Would like to know what Rosier completion % was down field....Take away those WR/TE bubble screens and it drops to to less than 45%. Hope he has improved. But he missed numerous wide open opportunities last season

costa would have won a NC for this program if our defense didnt let Tommy Frazier make a second half comeback

Even if we won, we wouldn't have won the national title that year. Penn State was undefeated and we had a loss.

Advertisement
The mechanics was one of his biggest issues , they could be messy at times.

I don’t know why he waited to hear five to try to fix , maybe he figured he’d never start here. And was ok with that.

If he can just become a little more consistent , without the ints we’ll be just fine. Manage the show and get the ball to all those studs we have on O.

No qb in the country has more toys.
I'll tell you why he waited. Rosier admittedly didn't even watch film when he was the backup for Kaaya. I would never admit that. He basically checked out when he wasn't going to play. His mechanics were probably overlooked since he was not expected to play at Miami. Hopefully he has worked hard and continues to improve.

We'll find out this week.

We will see, but I'm not getting my hopes up. It's extremely rare these off season QB guru's really amount to any significant change in the QB's throwing motion. This stuff needs to be instilled at a young age or it doesn't stick. The QB list is endless of failed attempts on this stuff. However, if Rosier is even 5% more accurate this season..I'll take it. The OL generating push, health of skill players, and the young TE's maturation are the biggest factors for the offense this season.

The mechanics was one of his biggest issues , they could be messy at times.

I don’t know why he waited to hear five to try to fix , maybe he figured he’d never start here. And was ok with that.

If he can just become a little more consistent , without the ints we’ll be just fine. Manage the show and get the ball to all those studs we have on O.

No qb in the country has more toys.

Zach Smith mightve left some for ohio state qb

Advertisement
Kaaya is one of the worst starting QBs in the schools history. Lol oh you like losing to teams like Cincinnati, not to mention FSU every year.
Not sure if serious? Kaaya isn't all world but he is one of the better QBs we have had since Dorsey.

Any other qb in cfb with a 62% completion percentage would have **** near 40 Passing TDs for the season. Kaayas completion percentage makes so many of y’all feel good inside looking at it lol but in real life it did nothing for the team bc he couldn’t sustain drives.

That was my biggest thing with Kaaya, and to a similar extent Malik. They can’t/couldn’t sustain drives. That’s what separates a good offense from an elite one (Also elite qbs from decent ones). You’re not giving the team a healthy chance when you’re consistently going three and out (especially when the defense is on the field 60 - 70% of the time). At first I wanted to blame play calling, but didn’t really take into consideration how big a role O-line strength and depth play. During Kaaya’s run the offensive line, in my opinion, was horrific. Didn’t help that kaaya couldn’t scramble to save his life. O-line last year was also bad, but better than 2016 with the help of Malik’s legs, and us running wild cat here and there (Takes some of that pressure off having to protect).

Kaaya’s biggests weaknesses were his immobility and inability to perform in crunch time. Malik’s biggests weaknesses I feel are his inaccuracy (mechanics), overall inconsistency, and inability to get past his first read. (One could argue, that’s an affect of the o line, but there were a number of times where he took two steps and gunned it without really letting the play run it’s course while have good initial protection).

They're both average QBs. But miami doesn’t need an elite QB with the amount of talent they have on the team. They just need everyone to consistently step up, especially the Offensive line.

I maintain that we win the same amount of games with Kaaya that we did with Malik last year. Wisconsin and Clemson being the definite losses. We probably beat Pitt but lose to Virginia tech (I feel Malik made some game changing runs in that game). I think with Kaaya, Miami blows out both FSU & G-tech. They both have their pluses and minuses.

Perhaps if you are slinging 8-10 times per game. If you double the attempts a couple of incompleted passes turns to 4 or higher which could include interceptions and crucial drive killers. Given an increase in completions by a few percentage points can mean a lot to a qb in our type of system.

Advertisement
Back