Baraka Short (RIP)

Advertisement
For a second, I was confusing him with Baraka Atkins who I knew couldn't be 50. I never heard of Baraka Short. Around what time did he play?

Dennis Erickson era.

Great guy, he was always an outgoing, nice guy around campus. Can't remember seeing him where he wouldn't have a little smile going.

RIP, Baraka!

Advertisement
Wow! He was a few years behind me at Norland. He was in my brother's class. Crazy such supreme athlete dies at 50 of a heart attack.

I gotta lay off the Tequila.🫤

Advertisement
This is a hard one to deal with... If y'all don't mind I'm gonna leave this one and most others alone for a lil bit.

Sorry for your ordeal.
Personally, I had a stroke this past March during what was a simple "outpatient" procedure. I "coded" for 29 minutes and it left my right-side with very little function since that time, so I have become very sensitive to relatively young people having strokes and heart attacks....not just the poor people stricken but their loved ones as well. On this last point you have my sympathies and I hope time will heal Baraka's family and you.
Regards.

Last edited:
Sorry for your ordeal.
Personally, I had a stroke this past March during what was a simple "outpatient" procedure. I "coded" for 29 minutes and it left my right-side with very little function since that time so I have become very sensitive to relatively having strokes and heart attacks....not just the poor people stricken but their loved ones as well. On that last point you have my sympathies and I hope time will heal Baraka's family and you.
Regards.
I had a stroke also. I noticed that my speech had slowed down, but I thought it was just me. My wife said something to me, I responded, and She was like you don't sound right. After pleading with me, she finally convinced me to go the ER. They ran an MRI, and the doctor said I had 3 mini strokes. And my blood pressure shot up to over 200.

I had a stroke also. I noticed that my speech had slowed down, but I thought it was just me. My wife said something to me, I responded, and She was like you don't sound right. After pleading with me, she finally convinced me to go the ER. They ran an MRI, and the doctor said I had 3 mini strokes. And my blood pressure shot up to over 200.

Yes, by all means, always listen to loved ones, especially spouses.
My wife saved my life back in 2022 when she suspected I had clots in my right leg, and she turned out to be correct.

Advertisement
Sorry for your ordeal.
Personally, I had a stroke this past March during what was a simple "outpatient" procedure. I "coded" for 29 minutes and it left my right-side with very little function since that time, so I have become very sensitive to relatively young people having strokes and heart attacks....not just the poor people stricken but their loved ones as well. On that last point you have my sympathies and I hope time will heal Baraka's family and you.
Regards.
I'm sorry for what you've gone through as well brother and send prayers your way throughout this recovery process.

Advertisement
Back