Bar Milo not coming back for senior year

I would say this opens up another roster spot but we have hovered under 80 scholarships for so long that it's not worth it.

/opens up another roster spot

Advertisement
Advertisement
On this team?

Herbert was a four star recruit. Can't get on the field. Has been surpassed on the depth chart by a freshman who was brought in to play guard.

Donaldson is a starter but he's been a disappointment so far. He was decent as a freshman guard. He got dominated when moved to tackle and is now underwhelming back at guard again.

I understand linemen take longer to develop so I'm not throwing in the towel on either of these guys eventually dominating.

St. Louis is another 4 star tackle who has been pretty underwhelming his entire career.

The recruiting sites are right the majority of the time. Picking 1 guy to fit your narrative is foolish.

I dont have a narrative or even know what this guy was ranked, but i bet he was listed. Entirely to many people relying on nerd websites as their knowledge base. If those websites are that accurate why are games even being played, let's just award the national championship trophy the day after signing day, no need in playing games according to yall faith in them.

Advertisement
Herbert was a four star recruit. Can't get on the field. Has been surpassed on the depth chart by a freshman who was brought in to play guard.

Donaldson is a starter but he's been a disappointment so far. He was decent as a freshman guard. He got dominated when moved to tackle and is now underwhelming back at guard again.

I understand linemen take longer to develop so I'm not throwing in the towel on either of these guys eventually dominating.

St. Louis is another 4 star tackle who has been pretty underwhelming his entire career.
You made it seem like there are 4 star guys who will end up like Milo. A guy who never played 1 important play here. Herbert is a redshirt freshman and has been hurt going back to high school. Milo was never hurt. So give Herbert another year before you write him off.

Gauthier and St. Louis don't deserve a photograph. Put their names in 6-point font and call it a day.

I dont have a narrative or even know what this guy was ranked, but i bet he was listed. Entirely to many people relying on nerd websites as their knowledge base. If those websites are that accurate why are games even being played, let's just award the national championship trophy the day after signing day, no need in playing games according to yall faith in them.

It's because they're not that accurate. Yes, having more 4 and 5 star players generally means your team will be more successful, there's no arguing that. However, if you look at the aggregate class rankings over the last 3 or 4 years, there are teams ranked in the top 10-15 that have been straight garbage on the field. Teams like Tennessee and UCLA have been near the top of the overall rankings per 247 and they are terrible. So, instead of trying to sign the highest rated 4 star tackle available, you should be trying to sign as many 4 star tackles, regardless of overall rank, as possible. Even with advanced scouting services it's still a guessing game with a lot of these guys so quantity should be the goal.

Yah because coaching schemes play no part in a games outcome. Every single school in the country has the same SC routine. Every school has the same ability to develop the talent. That comment is about as dumb as it comes.

Do you think it is a coincidence that the schools with the most 5 stars are always in the playoff discussion?

Advertisement
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...football-teams-with-the-best-players-in-2018/

This list breaks it down. Yes, most of the top teams in college football are near the top of the list. However, FSU and USC are 4th and 5th respectively. Tennessee is 10th. Texas A&M is 11th. Auburn is 7th and they're certainly not looking like the 7th best team in the nation. You obviously want to sign as many 4 and 5 star players as possible (hey, if you sign 20 4 star guys and 10 bust, it still leaves you with 10 good players) but these percentage point/decimal rankings that differentiate who has the #5 class and who has the #12 class are pretty much just guesses.

Advertisement
It's because they're not that accurate. Yes, having more 4 and 5 star players generally means your team will be more successful, there's no arguing that. However, if you look at the aggregate class rankings over the last 3 or 4 years, there are teams ranked in the top 10-15 that have been straight garbage on the field. Teams like Tennessee and UCLA have been near the top of the overall rankings per 247 and they are terrible. So, instead of trying to sign the highest rated 4 star tackle available, you should be trying to sign as many 4 star tackles, regardless of overall rank, as possible. Even with advanced scouting services it's still a guessing game with a lot of these guys so quantity should be the goal.

Thank you sir for knowing your football, i was telling somebody today, if they start a conversation off with me using so called highschool player rankings and these nerd websites as their source of football knowledge, i can never take them serious, the only thing i care about is when i see them is can they play or not. When they get on that field, we'll see soon enuff. I'd feel like an idiot refering to a website just because a guy is making plays. Football i.q. goes along way over above average athleticism, if a guy knows how to play he knows how to play. That's what josh sanguenetti is, a guy who just knows how to play the game, just dont get em isolated one on one at the d-1 college level to many times, but he gone make plays,

Can someone please reach out to Richt and remind him not to offer the OL graduate transfer Milo, that he was previously on the team.

Attachments

• 0E58EE24-5354-4F01-B1F4-AEAA7ED24E05.png
    0E58EE24-5354-4F01-B1F4-AEAA7ED24E05.png
    525.3 KB · Views: 0
Yah because coaching schemes play no part in a games outcome. Every single school in the country has the same SC routine. Every school has the same ability to develop the talent. That comment is about as dumb as it comes.

Do you think it is a coincidence that the schools with the most 5 stars are always in the playoff discussion?

We get it, you believe in the star system and nerd websites, keep enjoying them, pretty you'll be helping to hoist up the national championship trophy the day after signing day. Cause that you just gave us the formula for national championships and playoffs, we can now project it early, according to you, whoever signs the most 5 stars, crown them, thanks, who knew after all this time that it was that easy, i'm not even sure why we sould watch any games now!

Advertisement
Back