Banner is bought and paid for gentlemen.

Advertisement
Someone tell me this. How is flying the banner hurting recruiting?? No one worth a **** is coming here. It’s not like we are on the verge of signing some 5 star studs but because we fly the banner, they say “we are not going there.” The recruits aren’t coming because of the crap show that has been going on for the last 15 years. The dumb *** administration decisions and the product on the field is what has sunk the ship. Let it fly!

They figure it is an easy way to win. Its like saying, "What about the children." Its funny because losing hurts recruiting more than anything yet they seem fine with that.

Why would you fly the banner an hour before the game? No one will see it lol. Why not just wait until the next home game to do it?
By law the banner can’t fly less then an hour before game time. Once it it hits 7pm since the game starts at 8 the banner can’t fly anymore.

The shills like to bastardize the message and intent in their quest to shame heroic fans like Nick, who still care enough to take a stand. They keep repeating that it’s 5 games in when it’s more like many years in.

They act like fans caring enough to take a stand will somehow destroy a 7-4 level program that’s bee in the toilet for 15 years because of clueless dolts making repeatedly bad hiring decisions.

They don’t want to talk about LSU fans and their relentless public campaign of hate against AD Joe Oliva because it doesn’t fit their weak narrative that fans standing up automatically humiliated and destroys programs and turns them into national jokes. Michigan fans lead a fcking army against their AD, and no one considers their program destroyed as a result.

And how stupid do the LSU fans who relentlessly mocked the LSU brass and AD look right now?

Advertisement
You are on staff there, correct? Shows this is credible and warranted coming from you.

i used to be staff on the student affairs side and adjunct faculty (in addition to my um undergrad and grad degrees). i left the university in january because i refuse to work for people that constantly reward incompetent individuals for being lapdogs.

Do Michigan and LSU fly banners?

Did Miami fans hold a rally of over a thousand fans to fire the coach and then march over to the presidents house and demand he come out. Michigan fans did.
Did Miami students ever hold a protest in the administration building and refuse to leave in order to fire a coach. Michigan students did.

For those of you living in a bubble or too young to know better, flying banners is nothing compared to what other fans have done at other schools. USC fans just flew a banner 1 or two years ago.

Last edited:
Advertisement
i used to be staff on the student affairs side and adjunct faculty (in addition to my um undergrad and grad degrees). i left the university in january because i refuse to work for people that constantly reward incompetent individuals for being lapdogs.

Be prepared to be bashed by superfans that know nothing about the inner workings.

Be prepared to be bashed by superfans that know nothing about the inner workings.

been there done that, man. and, admittedly, i used to be one of those superfans until i wasted spent two years of my life as an employee there and saw how full of **** they are. true believers in having public and private positions. i feel bad for the students more than anything.

edit: saying that those two years were wasted discounts the relationships that i made with incredible students, including a ton of football players that i had the pleasure to get to know and teach. edited accordingly.

Last edited:
been there done that, man. and, admittedly, i used to be one of those superfans until i wasted two years of my life as an employee there and saw how full of **** they are. true believers in having public and private positions. i feel bad for the students more than anything.

**** shame. Glad you saw through the BS

Advertisement
Did Miami fans hold a rally of over a thousand fans to fire the coach and then march over to the presidents house and demand he come out. Michigan fans did.
Did Miami students ever hold a protest in the administration building and refuse to leave in order to fire a coach. Michigan students did.

For those of you living in a bubble or too young to know better, flying banners is nothing compared to what of fans have done at other schools. USC fans just flew a banner 1 or two years ago.

My point is banners don’t do anything

**** shame. Glad you saw through the BS

sucks to have the veil lifted on a place that i hold so close to my heart. going back to work for um was a dream i had since i finished my grad degree. then i got there to find out that things had changed a lot for the worse (thankfully my previous employer thought to call me when another position opened up and i took it quick).

what's crazy is that on the academic side, shalala actually did a pretty good job of encouraging diversity of thought and encouraging debate (her financial mismangement is another story). obviously she had her political leanings, but she was able to separate that for the most part. frenk has tried to turn um into a baby berkeley without realizing how much money comes from conservative donors. he's lost the school some big pockets because he can't help but take obvious political stances. the fact that he's never around doesn't help him any.

Advertisement
sucks to have the veil lifted on a place that i hold so close to my heart. going back to work for um was a dream i had since i finished my grad degree. then i got there to find out that things had changed a lot for the worse (thankfully my previous employer thought to call me when another position opened up and i took it quick).

what's crazy is that on the academic side, shalala actually did a pretty good job of encouraging diversity of thought and encouraging debate (her financial mismangement is another story). obviously she had her political leanings, but she was able to separate that for the most part. frenk has tried to turn um into a baby berkeley without realizing how much money comes from conservative donors. he's lost the school some big pockets because he can't help but take obvious political stances. the fact that he's never around doesn't help him any.

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting to hear and it has to suck to find that out about a place you love.

Great. Miami is now Berkeley

My point is banners don’t do anything

That's really hard to say.

It does create publicity. Good or bad depending on your point of view.
It announces to the Admin and BOT that people are not happy...everyone says the Admin/BOT don't read message boards.
It can help galvanize the fans that are unhappy. Could help move fans to action.

I wouldn't say it doesn't do anything.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back