Banda Gone To Utah St.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Whatever you say man, I completely understand people thinking Baker cannot develop players because right now our talent is mediocre. But I really don't get how people can look at this Defense talent wise and think this should definitely be a Top 15 Defense in the country! No chance in **** but that's just my opinion
Talent is not that bad. Stop.

Whatever you say man, I completely understand people thinking Baker cannot develop players because right now our talent is mediocre. But I really don't get how people can look at this Defense talent wise and think this should definitely be a Top 15 Defense in the country! No chance in **** but that's just my opinion
I understand what you're saying but Baker is finishing his 2nd season as DC and Manny his 5th as DC/HC. Don't these guys share a lot if not all of the blame for the fact that the defensive talent is lacking? Recruiting and roster management are part of the job after all.

If we can bring in T-Rob to replace Banda id he “OKAY” with DVD at CB coach as T-Rob can help develop DVD with both killing it recruiting and developing that entire DB unit as a whole

BUT this is with the idea that the money we save on DVD being cheap can be placed on a quality DC/LB/DL coach

Advertisement
So It Begins Helms Deep GIF by Giphy QA

hopefully...

Advertisement
He’s horrible. On multiple occasions this year manny stepped in and started call plays late in the game. If he can develop, we get dominated, etc how is this guy an average dc. He is a g5 guy the end
Agreed. But if this is right in front of Manny's face, on what planet does the guy deserve to keep his job? This is the thing I just don't understand about egomaniacs. Does he just have a blind spot for Baker or something? I know you've said you're hearing that he won't be calling defensive plays moving forward but is he even qualified to be the LB coach?

Advertisement
My prediction on the rest:

— Rumph is shown the door.

— Patke relegated to special teams only.

— Stroud moved back to an off-the-field role. Will be replaced by a quality DL coach.

— New coach hired to tweak the scheme, call plays on defense, and coach the entire secondary.

— Baker demoted to coaching all LBs. He will maintain the title of “Co-DC,” but will not be calling plays anymore.

Not the wholesale changes that most of us hoped for, but Diaz now has no one to blame but himself if this fails. If we have another lackluster year, he will be gone.

my prediction: no changes because Manny sucks

Looks like Patke is staying.

Stroud moving off the field.

Rumph is gone.

baker is lb coach

Advertisement
Dvd wants to be our cb coach
I can’t get on board with this. Love DVD. But guys like him and Patke shouldn’t be jumping from analyst type roles to their 1st on field coaching role at Miami. Let them go to an FAU type to cut their teeth for a couple of years. If we don’t treat our coaching positions with a little more curb appeal, then no one else will either.

That's just one game and yes it was a **** show. His defense played pretty good against teams with equal talent. Clemson was just better at us in every way, I'm not going to fault him for giving up 42 to Clemson when our offense got ***** slapped all night. We just have unrealistic expectations as fans. Some fans expect just because of our name we should be able to give Clemson a fight and be a Top 15 Defense every year no matter what. When in reality were an average power 5 Defense talent wise which HUGE issues at CB and LB

2019-Vtech
2019-UNC
2019- FIU
2020-NCST
2020-UNC
2020-OkST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back