Bama Fatigue

This. The Fan NEVER talks about CFB. And it's easy to see why since the football schools with the biggest amount of alums in the area (Penn State, Syracuse, Rutgers) all sucked this year. If Rutgers gets back to respectability under Schiano I could see that changing a little bit. They do spend some time talking about CBB since most of the talent are Syracuse alums.
The Fan cfb hey day was back in the late 80's when Miami/ND were doing their thing.
Say what you want about Francesa, but he was the guy bringing college football to prime time in the NY area.

Advertisement
IMO, issue wasn’t Bama, it was Ohio State.

The idea of a team winning 8 games during the college season, and being the national champion was ridiculous! Nobody wanted to see that, except Buckeye fans.

Especially when the ACC and SEC played full league schedules. Even UC would have been a better story, having played a full season.

I’m not sure what part of the WC U’re referring to, but I grew up on the WC and I can say this is blatantly false in a lot of areas. L.A throughout the Inland Empire go very savage over S.C football. The folks up North go very crazy over Stanford football. Go further north in to Oregon & I can say w/o a doubt they care very much about Oregon football.

I can’t speak on NV, Utah, Colorado, or Washington, but those areas that I not only grew up in but actually either lived or visited frequently will disagree w/ that statement. The Trojans, for yrs, was L.A’s football team. U’ll see flags & license plate on cars all over.
Udub and Wazzoo were followed heavily when I lived in Seattle for a minute. When I was in SF Saturdays were great. Up early, on the gas early, football all day. Now SF was filled with East Coast knuckleheads like me crushing macro brews hammering Kodiak like Candy but their was interest in college ball.

I do think the ‘agenda’ as well as the same teams over an over plays a role. Streaming is also a good call. I am cutting next week. I am 48 so football was all I had to entertain me when I was younger. Kids now have other crap they do on their phone. Next time I see a group of kids playing street hockey I’ll start a thread.

Stevie Wonder will see that thread before you boys do.

Udub and Wazzoo were followed heavily when I lived in Seattle for a minute. When I was in SF Saturdays were great. Up early, on the gas early, football all day. Now SF was filled with East Coast knuckleheads like me crushing macro brews hammering Kodiak like Candy but their was interest in college ball.

I do think the ‘agenda’ as well as the same teams over an over plays a role. Streaming is also a good call. I am cutting next week. I am 48 so football was all I had to entertain me when I was younger. Kids now have other crap they do on their phone. Next time I see a group of kids playing street hockey I’ll start a thread.

Stevie Wonder will see that thread before you boys do.

Facts; yeah man...it’s just different now. Most of grew up different than this next generation & on top of that, cable is getting the ax. I’m cutting the cord myself. Between Disney +, YouTube TV, and HBO Max....who needs Cable.

Advertisement
I am sure folks in the 80's and 90's were getting tired of the U always in the hunt: unfortunately we couldn't sustained it as our continual coaching changes caught up to us : Saban is the one constant at Alabama :

I am sure folks in the 80's and 90's were getting tired of the U always in the hunt: unfortunately we couldn't sustained it as our continual coaching changes caught up to us : Saban is the one constant at Alabama :
'Canes won 5 in 19 seasons, 'Bama has won 7 in 12 years...Miami was pillored, 'Bama coasts...

IMO, issue wasn’t Bama, it was Ohio State.

The idea of a team winning 8 games during the college season, and being the national champion was ridiculous! Nobody wanted to see that, except Buckeye fans.

Especially when the ACC and SEC played full league schedules. Even UC would have been a better story, having played a full season.
Not to me, I took pleasure in watching them drub Clemson and shuttin' Dabo's piehole up.

Advertisement
Back