Bama and Clemson coaching salaries

Advertisement

Pretty interesting. Wondering how much Miami will spend since they won’t have to spend as much on defense. There should be a lot of money available for offensive hires right?

So, I'm guessing we're about half of that $13.5M?? And that's just the on-field 11, not including all of the former HC analysts and quality control assistants, the recruiting staff, and the recruiting call center that puts DirecTV's customer service center to shame...

That staffing matters.

So, I'm guessing we're about half of that $13.5M?? And that's just the on-field 11, not including all of the former HC analysts and quality control assistants, the recruiting staff, and the recruiting call center that puts DirecTV's customer service center to shame...

That staffing matters.

I'd say half to maybe $7M is a very good guess. Big difference is with the head coaches & coordinators.

Advertisement
If Clemson Can spend that much we can too

Small school with no real history before dabo
You are wrong. Clemson, like UF and FSU in Florida, is a state-supported university -- not a private school that receives no tax dollars like Miami. As for being small, they have 20,000 undergrads.

As for history, Frank Howard was a legendary HC in the football history of the South. At one point, thought of as almost a peer of Bear Bryant.

Last edited:
I honestly didnt know Tosh was there DC now.. not bad for a guy who was considered a 'recruiter'.

Sad thing is, we could probably afford to have a coaching budget like that. Especially if we were winning!! If not like we have to fly all over the country for talent. One thing we should never see is UMs HC hoping on a helicopter to fly around visiting recruits. They are only an hour away tops.

Advertisement

Pretty interesting. Wondering how much Miami will spend since they won’t have to spend as much on defense. There should be a lot of money available for offensive hires right?

Pretty misleading or at least incomplete picture. Alabama spending on staff, support etc. is enormous. More relevant would be an overall budget for the program.

Have three Bama alums in my family. They tell me the development on campus over the last 10 years is incredible. The ROI on Saban has been insane.

Advertisement

Yet, a whole bunch on this board are indifferent when I have called for such things as athletic department spending caps to restore competitive balance in D1 CFB...

As the old French (and NCAA) saying goes, "God (Mark Emmert) favors the biggest (highest spending) battalions (athletic departments)"

Yet, a whole bunch on this board are indifferent when I have called for such things as athletic department spending caps to restore competitive balance in D1 CFB...

As the old French (and NCAA) saying goes, "God favors the biggest (highest spending) battalions (athletic departments)"
Im what world does price fixing work?

Advertisement
Pretty misleading or at least incomplete picture. Alabama spending on staff, support etc. is enormous. More relevant would be an overall budget for the program.

Miami football apparently generates more than 100 million annually in revenue, not sure how much of that goes back into football but can guarantee its lower than other schools.

Im what world does price fixing work?

Not price fixing (Nixon did that), cost control for parity. Ever heard of the NBA/NFL/NHL salary cap? Heck, MLB has a luxury tax that works sometimes (KC Royals) but most times doesn't (Red Sox, Cubs, Yankees). Wonder what sport is losing the most fans?

Advertisement
Back